Grooving in the Grove
October 15, 2021
I was helping out in a classroom a few days ago and I watched an adorable little girl building with Legos. She connected them into a long column about 3 feet high. Then she started "hobbling" around the classroom leaning on her lego creation. I went over and asked her what she was doing. "Look! I made a Grandpa stick!" Imagination, creative play, expressive language. What a wonderful example of a great preschool learning experience!
News and Notes
- Halloween celebrations are happening this year! We will have our Halloween Parade and classroom parties on Friday, October 29th. Our parades will take place at the following times:
- AM classes - 11:10 Puffer and Indian Trail
- PM classes - 1:00 (Indian Trail) and 1:30 (Puffer)
- Parades will be outdoors. Families are welcome to view the parade weather permitting. In the event of inclement weather, our parade will take place indoors and families will not be able to join. Costumes may be worn by students but they need to be worn to school, and must not portray violence or involve weapons.
- Parent-Teacher conferences will be held on October 19th and 21st from 5-8 p.m., and October 22nd from 8-11:30 a.m. Please go into PowerSchool to schedule a time to meet with your child's teacher. The window to schedule a conference closes on Monday at 11 a.m.
- Don't forget Picture Day !! The date is November 3rd for Indian Trail.
- There is no preschool on Monday, October 18th and Friday, October 22nd.
A video about brain development in young children:
Something fun to do this weekend: