UHMS - Parent Newsletter
October - Second Edition
Greetings from Administration
Greetings Phoenix Family!
We are officially five weeks away from fall break! Whew! This school year is going by fast! We are in the second week of quarter two; quarter two progress reports will be coming out soon. Continue to encourage your scholar to ask questions in class, turn in their work on time, and study/read every night for at least twenty minutes. These habits will ensure scholars are keeping up with the skills they are learning every day. At Uplift Hampton Middle School, we continuously seek to build positive relationships and increase rigor—we are seeing a tremendous amount of growth in our scholars academically and socially, and we hope to continue a positive path upwards. We want to thank you for your continued support as we work towards finishing the first semester strong.
Uplift Hampton Admin Team -
Mrs. Parhms. , Mrs. Cormier, Mr. Deacon, Mrs. Mangum
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE
This Wednesday, October 23rd is a 12:30 dismissal. Please make arrangements to pick up your scholar on time.
REPORT CARD PICKUP & PARENT CONFERENCE DAY!
If you need to reach out to teachers to inquire about a conference, the list of teacher emails are below.
This Wednesday, October 23rd from 1:30 - 6:00, you can come and pick up your scholar's report card. You can also schedule an appointment to conference with your scholar's teachers.
Charlotte Sanders - Johnson: ChaJohnson@uplifteducation.org
Phillip Ward: PWard@uplifteducation.org
Shenika Lewis: Shlewis@uplifteducation.org
Michael Manca: MManca@uplifteducation.org
Tasha Dixon: TasDixon@uplifteducation.org
Tiffani Hall: TiHall@uplifteducation.org
Mark Whorter: MMcwhorter@uplifteducation.org
Ryan Range: RRange@uplifteducation.org
Marisha Ash: MAsh@uplifteducation.org
Laurasia Thomas: LThomas@uplifteducation.org
Trenese Lamb - Peters: Tlambpeters@uplifteducation.org
Cynthia Brown: CBrown@uplifteducation.org
Brenda Guzman: BGuzman@uplifteducation.org
De'Onna Washington: DWashington@uplifeducation.org
Coty Wright: CoWright@uplifteducation.org
Kelly Anna Geiser: KGeiser@uplifteducation.org
Xavier Leonard: XLeonard@uplifteducation.org
Lauren Karbular: LKarbula@uplifteducation.org
Kennedy Fudge: KFudge@uplifteducation.org
Joe Sanders: JSanders@uplifteducation.org
Latresa Clark: LClark@uplifteducation.org
Chelsie Bell: CBell@uplifteducation.org
A LOOK AHEAD
Canned Food - November 1st
Phoenix Family Science Night
Thursday, Nov. 7th, 5-7pm
8915 South Hampton Road
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Science Fair - December
All scholars are required to submit a Science Fair Project. The planning process has already begun in their Science Class. The Science Fair will take place the first week of December.
Need to Meet With Administration?
Uplift Hampton Middle School is always delighted to speak and meet with parents. While we make every opportunity to meet with parents, please note that arriving to school to meet with Admin without an appointment may result in a scheduling of an appointment for a different time or day. To ensure timely responsiveness please adhere by the following suggestions:
1. Call Ahead and Schedule an Appointment – By calling ahead, it ensures that parents are able to meet with Admin in a timely matter while respecting your valuable time. At various times throughout the day Admin are in meetings, in classrooms supporting teachers or even off campus for meetings. Without an appointment, it can be difficult to meet with parents right away.
2. Email – All emails addresses can be found on our Uplift Website as well as at the bottom of every newsletter. Emailing can possibly save time by eliminating phone tag especially if a call back may occur during difficult to answer situations such as work hours. All emails will be responded to within 48 business hours.
We thrilled with your outstanding engagement in your child’s education and we thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Dress Code: There have been several dress code violations occurring in the middle school. Scholars are to come in their complete uniform every day. All scholars are to wear their dress uniforms on Mondays which includes a white button down shirt. Bandanas are not part of the uniform and are not accepted as an accessory for anyone on campus. Outer wear (jackets, sweaters, etc.) are to be navy blue, gray, or black. Scholars will be asked to remove all other colors once they enter the building.
Attendance - It’s hard to overstress the importance of your child’s regular school attendance. One of your responsibilities as a parent is to get your child to school every day unless there is illness or an emergency. This is essential because:
- Your child risks poor or failing grades if not at school.
- Learning builds every day on what is learned the day before. This routine is interrupted when students only show up part of the time.
- The whole school can suffer. Schools get state and federal money based on average daily attendance. When attendance goes down, so does the funding a school receives.
- Your child’s life as an adult depends a lot on whether he has a high school diploma. If your child misses too many days of school, he may not be able to get a diploma.
- Much research shows that students who skip school will also skip other commitments, like days of work.