Computer Hardware Engineers
research, design, develop, and test computer systems
- Design new computer hardware, creating blueprints of computer equipment to be built
- Test the completed models of the computer hardware they design
- Analyze the test results and modify the design as needed
- Update existing computer equipment so that it will work with new software
- Oversee the manufacturing process for computer hardware
- Maintain knowledge of computer engineering trends and new technology
Computer hardware engineers usually work in research laboratories that build and test various types of computer models.
Demand is projected to grow 7% from 2012 to 2022
How To Become A Computer Engineer
Most computer hardware engineers need a bachelor’s degree from an accredited computer engineering program.