Tropical Coral Reefs
By Raphael Rodriguez And William Paredes
Floridas Coral Reefs
Florida has a 150 miles long and 4 miles wide extensive shallow reefs near its coast.
They take hundreds of thousands of years to form and can turn out to be beutifully structured.
- Floridas coral reefs are made composed of barrier reefs and patch reefs which is the only living reefs in North america.
Abiotic factors about Floridas corals reef
Biotic factors about Floridas coral reefs
Coral reefs are the main producers and are also decomposers and consumers.
Algae is another form of producer and is in the coral reef area.
Fish are major consumers and there are more then 6,000 species of fish.
Classification of Caribbean reef shark
Species: C. perezii
How Does Tropical Coral Reefs Effects Human Ecosystem
Coral reefs benefit the environment and people in numerous ways. For example, they
- Protect shores from the impact of waves and from storms;
- Provide benefits to humans in the form of food and medicine;
- Provide economic benefits to local communities from tourism
- Fishing, boating, snorkeling, Diving, and swimming.
Human Negative Impacts On Coral Reefs.
Destructive fishing and boating practices
Construction and Sedimentation