AHS ELT Agenda Oct. 14, 2015
2:50 - 4:05 in B100
- The learner will analyze the new PSAT and SAT to identify the skills students need to demonstrate so we can align our curriculum and instructional strategies to these skills and concepts.
- The learner will review the PSAT/NMSQT testing agenda and give us ideas and suggestions to improve the testing schedule.
- The learner will reflect on the IB LPT and identify one or two reasons why they are proud of our school and/or district.
Learner Profile Trait: Thinkers
Approaches to Learning: Communication, Social and Researchers
2:50-3:45: PSAT & SAT Overview - Marie Lucius & Monica Adams
3:45-4:00: PSAT/NMSQT Testing Schedule & Testing Improvements - Counselors
4:00-4:05: Adrian High School SIP Goals & Exit Tickets
What instructional strategies do we need to employ based on our review of the redesigned SAT? What ideas do you have for your department in regards to how we go about preparing students for the SAT?
Twenty-Five Reasons to Be Proud of Our School
Here are some reasons why we're proud of our school and/or district through the lens of the IB LPT:
- We work hard to accommodate and celebrate the diverse needs of our students (principled).
- The breath and depth of curricular and extra-curricular course offerings for students (balanced).
- Our staff cares for one another and our kids care for each other (caring).
- We have high expectations for our kids and kids are expected to work hard (inquirers).
- Our kids are caring because they turn in lost money and cell phones and state they want other kids to do the same for them if they lost an item (caring).
- We have a caring staff that is concerned about the well-being of our students (caring).
- Our colleagues demonstrate pride in our school and district #GoMaples.
Please list two dates you will meet with your evaluator to review and finalize your goals. We will be meeting with teachers beginning Thursday, October 15 thru Friday, October 30.
Staff is welcome to join us on Wednesday, October 14 from 7-7:45 p.m. as we celebrate with our students their NWEA success. We will buy you a medium ice cream cone compliments of AHS administration.