Birth Defects Prevention
Commit to Healthy Choices.
Make a PACT for Prevention.
1. Plan ahead
- Get 400 micrograms of folic acid every day.
- See a healthcare professional regularly.
2. Avoid Harmful Substances
- Avoid alcohol at anytime during pregnancy
- Avoid marijuana and other "street drugs"
- Prevent infections
3. Choose a healthy lifestyle
- Keep diabetes under control.
- Strive to reach and maintain healthy weight
4. Talk to your healthcare provider
- Talk to your healthcare provider about any medications
- Talk to a healthcare provider about vaccinations