Middle School Weekend Update
Hidden and Twin Oaks News: Sunday, December 3rd, 2023
The 2024 Yearbooks are on sale! Visit https://yearbookforever.com/ and enter the correct school name: Hidden Oaks Middle School OR Twin Oaks Middle School. Your child's school picture will ONLY appear in the yearbook that is his/her home school. All pre-ordered yearbooks are name-stamped with a student's name, so yearbooks between the schools are not interchangeable. Please make sure you know which yearbook you are ordering.
Yearbooks are currently on sale for $40. On January 1, 2024, the price will increase to $45. Yearbook sales will end in February, 2024.
If you have questions, please reach out to the yearbook advisor at your child's home school:
Holly Bartholow, TOMS, email@example.com
Kim Koepp, HOMS, firstname.lastname@example.org
December 6: 2 hour early release
December 21 - January 1: No School, Winter Break
Digital Wellbeing Tips
How can you listen to support Digital Wellbeing?
- Parenting experts advocate that role modeling is "one of the most important principles" for positive parenting.
- We are all living and parenting in a new and challenging era of managing digital media; parents have not had this parenting behavior modeled for us.
- Young people are the first to say "My parents use their phones more than I do." Or, "They have the excuse their phone is for work."
- Try to live by the old adage in this new era: It is not what you say, it's what you do that matters.
What to do when my student is sick?
As the weather turns colder, we recognize students are going to get ill. When a student doesn't feel well at school, they are expected to come to the nurse's office and be evaluated before going home with a parent or guardian. If your student reaches out to you wanting to be picked up, we ask that you direct them to the nurse first before coming to school to pick them up. The nurse will contact families of students who are ill and need to go home.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Community ED Corner - December 2023
Community Education Classes
Check out all of the amazing classes, activities and events available by browsing our digital catalogs. Be sure to register for these popular classes that are starting soon! Click on the class below for more information or to register.
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) offers a variety of classes for families with young children, including evening and Saturday classes. ECFE is for everyone and the classes are designed to strengthen families and support children’s healthy growth and development. Meeting other families and spending time with your child are other benefits!
There are still openings in some classes this semester and our Semester 2 classes are online as well. Mindful Mondays, ESTEM Events and Conscious Discipline for Parents are some of our new evening offerings next semester. Check them out here- ECFE Registration
Always feel free to email me with questions about ECFE-
email@example.com (Vicki Spieler, Early Learning Assistant Coordinator)
Early Childhood Screening is FREE and includes growth, development, and
immunization checks. Children are assessed in preschool concepts, communication skills, motor skills and social-emotional skills. The screening is most valuable soon after children turn three and gives families an early connection to PLSAS. If you know families who would like information about screening, please share our phone number 952-226-0975.
Circle of Friends Preschool registration begins January 22nd for families currently enrolled in our early learning programs. February 1st is the date registration is open for all new families.
Community Education Advisory Council
Make a difference in your schools and community, join the PLSAS Community Education Advisory Council. For more information visit our website.
For questions about our programs, please call 952.226.0310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middle School Support Staff
Need support from someone at school, here is who you contact:
Hidden Oaks Middle School
- Principal: Sasha Kuznetsov
- Assistant Principal: Melissa Knettel
- Dean of Students: Scott Peterson
- Counselor: Rhonda Soukup (Grade 6)
- Counselor: Kristin Hodnefield (Grade 7)
- Counselor: Jason Dvorak (Grade 8)
- Social Worker: Kim Koepp
- Health Office 952-226-0706
Twin Oaks Middle School
- Principal: Joe Kuboushek
- Assistant Principal: John Dahl
- Dean of Students: Zach Johnson
- Counselor: Zac MacLean (Grade 6)
- Counselor: Sarah Loechler (Grade 7)
- Counselor: Allison Beesley (Grade 8 )
- Social Worker: Jennifer Witt
- Health Office 952-226-0506