The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of April 27, 2015
Don't forget to post the Words of the Week!
Bullock Garden Updates
The team is in need of supplies for the 2nd & 3rd. This includes shovels & wheelbarrows (please label so we can give them back). We are also in need of water & snacks. If you are able to donate, please let Sonya know. See below for some import dates to remember as well.
5/2 & 5/3: Bullock Garden Construction & Health Fair
5/4: Garden Reveal Assembly (9:30 AM, Gymnasium)
5/6: Learning through Gardening Teacher Training - This voluntary training session is open to anyone who would like to learn how to infuse garden education into our curriculum.
1st/2nd Grade PLC
Thursday, April 30th, 2:45-3:45pm
Bullock Garden Assembly
Friday, May 1st, 1:30pm
Bullock Children's Garden Construction Begins
Saturday, May 2nd, 7:30am-4:30pm
The Curriculum Corner: The Standards for Mathematical Practice #6
Standard #6 (Attend with Precision) is designed to ensure that our students "talk the talk" as mathematicians, with our focus being on "clarity & simplicity in both speech and writing." As Mark et. al., state in their article, our outcome for this process is to have our students refine their understanding as they use & apply content area vocabulary. In order to achieve this we must use math vocabulary naturally & correctly; therefore making these terms a part of how we always talk. Click here to visit my Curriculum Corner article on Vocabulary Development for some bite-sized best practices that will help you to embed authentic & relevant vocabulary routines into your instruction.
Next week we will explore SMP #7: Look For & Make Use of Structure. Click on the link below to view the Heinemann article or stop by the Curriculum Corner at Wordpress.com to review Standards 1-4. Feel free to share some ways your students show accuracy in calculation & clarity in communication via social media, email or in the footer of The Buzz!
Bullock: The Next Generation
We had a fantastic turnout for Bring Your Child to Work Day!
Chat & Chew
1 Week until our Spring Chat & Chew!
Congrats to all the Bullock students who participated in this year's Science Fair!
News & Notes
- The BOE has adopted a new policy to address lunch accounts that are delinquent. Starting Monday, you will receive a list of students with negative balances along with a yellow ticket for each student. The student must give the ticket to the cafeteria staff when ordering and they will receive a bag lunch until the account is caught up.
- Just a friendly Teachscape reminder: As we begin to calculate our summative scores, don't forget that each Domain has a specific weight. The breakdown is as follows: D1=20%; D2=30%; D3=30%; D4=20%. These are the same as last year.
- We are currently in the process of reviewing student enrollment & placement...if you are interested in exploring a different grade level/position, let me know!
You're the Best...Quotes from the staff!
Stephanie for helping to organize another fantastic Science Fair!
Giant THANK YOU to Carol and Joan for always being so helpful! You are the cornerstones of our building!
Shout out to Gloria for always being there to help with my computers!
3rd Grade teachers for always being there for each other!
Shout out to Simon, our cafeteria cook. Lunch is great – finally!
Thank you Garden Team for all your work!! All of this wouldn’t be happening without YOU!!!
Thank you, Anthony for all of your help and support with the garden!
Thank you, Bullock, for supporting the Bullock Children’s Garden! One week to go!
Pud…thank you, just because you’re the peanut butter to my jelly!
- 5/01: Spring Chat & Chew
- 5/01: Garden Project & Filming (5/1-5/4)
- 5/08: Monthly Collaboration Time
- 5/11: PARCC-EOY Assessment (5/11-5/15)
- 5/12: 1st/2nd Grade Team Meeting
- 5/18: Benchmark Window Opens
- 5/19: 3rd Grade Team Meeting
- 5/21: PTO Meeting (6:30 PM)
- 5/28: CAST Meetings (Paperwork DUE - 5/21)