Buena Vista Elem. School Newsletter
Dr. Agnes A-Kumi ------- Week 0: Important Updates
"Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching." -Unknown
The 2021-2022 school year will start officially on August 16th. we believe our young scholars have enjoyed a restful summer break and are savoring the last few days before the school year begins. Our teachers and staff are working hard preparing for an awesome year of instruction for all students.
I will like to meet briefly with our BV families via Zoom on Wednesday August 11th at 6:00PM to update parents on some of the expectations for the school year and to answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability.
IMPORTANT DATES & INFORMATION:
- 8/11 Parent Meeting 6pm via Zoom (See Event Details Below)
- 8/15 Last day to fill out "First Day Packet" online. Instructions are on the district website and also included in this newsletter.
Parent Meeting August 11th, 2021
Wednesday, Aug. 11th, 6pm
See Zoom Link Information Below:
Dr. Kumi (Principal of Buena Vista) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 840 2253 7156
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,84022537156#,,,,*528414# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,84022537156#,,,,*528414# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 840 2253 7156
Find your local number: https://lompocschools.zoom.us/u/kccNGFq7Ty
ONLINE FIRST DAY PACKET WEBSITE INSTRUCTIONS.
Online First Day Packet Website Instructions
For those families that would like to fill out the first day packet online please follow the instructions below.
- Step 1) Go to https://lompoc.myaequitas.com/ and click on the button labeled “Parent Connection”.
- Step 2) Enter your PIN and Password. If you do not have a PIN and/or password please click on the “Need Your Login Information?” link.
Once you have clicked on “Need Your Login Information?” you will need to enter the e-mail address that you provided to the school. Then click the “Submit” button.
Once you have submitted you will get an e-mail from Parent Connection with your PIN and Password information.
- 3) Once you are logged in. Go to the upper right-hand corner of your screen and select “First Day Packet”.
- Step 4) You will see a page that looks like the example below. You should be able to see all of your students and your significant other. If you do not see your significant other and you are NOT separated from this person then contact your school. If you are unable to see one or more of your students, also contact the school.
- Step 5) Starting at the very top. Click on the “Edit” button and begin to Review/Update the information.
- Step 6) All areas colored in yellow are mandatory in order to complete the First Day Packet. At the end of each step you will have to certify the information you have entered by clicking the box at the very bottom and then click the "Submit" button. See example below of what the certification will look like.
After you have certified, your First Day Packet will look like the example below. This will indicate that you are on the right track. Now click on the next “Edit” button for your significant other.
- Step 7) Continue until every single student AND parent says “First Day Packet Complete” in green letters. If you still see red lettering, please go back and make sure that you have answered all the yellow mandatory fields as well as certified (see step 6) every single step.
TRANSITION KINDERGARTEN AND KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS
We are excited to welcome our youngest students. We look forward to providing you with a great first year experience in school. We have a great TK and kinder team of teachers and paraeducators.
- Aug. 16 - Sept. 3. Transition Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten on Jump Start schedule.
- School start: 8:05 am.
- Jumpstart days dismissal: 12:20pm
- Gate opens at 7:50 am.
Please complete all surveys in first day packet.
1st to 6th grade Schedule
For all students:
- Every Wednesday will be a minimum day.
- Start time everyday is: 8:05 am
- Breakfast served at 7:40am in cafeteria.
- Gate opens for all at 7:50 am.
- Dismissal on minimum days will be at 12:30 pm.
- Dismissal on regular days will be at 2:15 pm.