Monte the Tiger's Weekly Update
News from Buena Vista Montessori ~ October 8, 2021
Hello Tiger Families!
We had a wonderful week! Students have been immersed in reading, writing, math and how these are connected to our daily lives. I love walking in to classrooms and seeing students so eager to share what they are learning.
Parent- Teacher conferences are coming up. This is a great time for families to connect with teachers and team together to support students. Be on the lookout for a conference schedule sign up from your child’s teacher.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Thursday, October 14th
- Last Day of 1st Quarter
Friday, October 15th
- No School ~ Teacher Work Day
Monday, October 18th
- No School ~ Data Collaboration Day
Tuesday, October 19th
- PTA Meeting ~ 2:45 in the Big Playground
Friday, October 22nd
- PTA Sponsored Fall Carnival!
Thursday and Friday, October 28th and 29th
- No School ~ Parent Teacher Conferences
Monday, November 1st
- Picture Re-Take Day
Peace and Montessori
School Highlight - Lower El Topography
Thanks to COS I Love You!
News from Your PTA
PTA Special Request
A Big Hello from Your Friendly PTA!
We hope everybody is looking forward to the upcoming Fall Carnival on October 22nd from 5:00 to 7:30pm. The Fall Carnival committee has been working hard to make this a great event!
We are reaching out to our fabulous parents to see if anyone has access to portable floodlights/spotlights/light poles that we could use to bring a little light to our evening event. Once the sun goes down the playground does get dark quickly, so we were hoping to brighten things up a bit.
If you are able to help us with this request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Thank you for all your support!
-the Fall Festival Committee
School Spirit Gear
We have plenty of kids sized Buena Vista logo face masks available for purchase in our PTA store. https://bvmontessori.new.memberhub.store/store
We also have stainless steel, 25oz water bottles that measure 3"x10" and feature a screw-on lid and double wall vacuum insulation to keep drinks at optimal temperatures. Get your water bottle for $18!
Please contact the PTA at email@example.com to purchase! Cash or check is preferred and they can be picked up before or after school at your convenience.
Easy Ways to Help Out the BV PTA
To enroll your Loyalty Card with BV:
- Log on to www.kingsoopers.com/communityrewards and click "Enroll Now" to sign in to your account. If you have never used your Loyalty Card online before you will have to create an account. You will need an e-mail and your Loyalty Card number or your alternate ID (often your phone#).
- Find Buena Vista Montessori School (programs are listed alphabetically) or use our Code: UQ795 as the program you want to support!
- You are DONE! THAT'S IT! Now whenever you shop you are earning BV PTA money!
- This program is a big "Free Money" maker that helps to fund many great BV and PTA events and equipment.
Sign up to support the BV PTA through AmazonSmile.
- You can select Buena Vista Montessori PTA as your charity recipient when you shop online at amazonsmile.com.
- AmazonSmile is also now available in the app on your Apple or Android devices. You can set this up in the app under "Settings">"Programs & Features".
- If you shop for girts on Amazon, this is an easy way for you to support our students and school.
- Be sure to ask your friends and family to select BV on AmazonSmile, as well.
News from the Health Room
My Child is Not Feeling Well. Now What?
The list below refers only to new symptom or a change in usual symptoms. A student should not be kept home for usual symptoms they experience due to a chronic condition unless they are worse than usual. These guidelines are in additional to your regular school guidance (for example, a student with vomiting symptoms should also not attend school based on usual school guidance).
If you student is experiencing any potentially life-threatening symptoms, please call 911.
If any of the following symptoms are present, keep the child at home / stay at home. Inform Ms. Karen B. in the office via phone call (719-328-4100) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feeling feverish, having chills, or temperature of 100.4F or higher.
- New or unexplained persistent cough.
- Shortness of breath.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Loss of taste or smell.
- Muscle aches.
- Sore throat.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Runny nose or congestion.
COVID Protocol Updates
- For students of any age, and staff riding D11 buses for any purpose (e.g., to and from school, activities, field trips, etc.), in alignment with the Federal mandate, face coverings on all D11 buses are required.
- For students ages 11 and under, in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings are required while learning indoors.
- For students/staff ages 12 and over, in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings are required for anyone who is 12+ years regardless of vaccination status.
- We will continue with our diligent handwashing and sanitzing efforts throughout the school day. Including, but not limited to; after recess, before and after lunch, before and after specials, etc.
- Our children and staff will continue to clean and sanitize the classrooms daily. Our custodial staff will clean and sanitize the building and playgrounds daily, as well.
- The current guidelines indicate a three-foot space between each person. We will do our best to honor that guideline throughout the school day. However, due to the structure of our learning community, the social distancing is not always possible.
For additional resources and information from the State and local health agencies, please visit the following links:
Updated Return to Learn
Who Needs to Quarantine
At Home Symptom Screening Tool
Addressing Symptoms as School