Senior Full Stack Developer @ Smore
Work on beautiful products with a cool, dynamic team
We're looking for an awesome developer to join our team in Tel Aviv!
Passionate about building beautiful, elegant products?
At Smore, we're passionate about creating the best possible products. We care about all the little details that make a product great. That also extends to our engineering and company culture.
Our office is located in Mindspace - a relaxed co-working space in the middle of Rothschild Blvd, Tel Aviv.
Smorinio the happy S'more (although sometimes he's sad, like when there's an error)
Smore is an online platform for creating beautiful newsletters in minutes (you're reading one right now).
What you'll be doing
Work on our next generation platform
Smore is an online newsletter creation tool. We have millions of users all over the world and plenty of revenue.
We're looking to take Smore to the next level to fit new industries. We are using all of our insights and experience to build a whole new product - with the newest and coolest technologies.
- Work on a world-class web product, using cutting edge frameworks and open source tools: Typescript, Node.js, GraphQL, React, Google Cloud services, Fastly, Docker, Kubernetes and many more.
- Keep performance in mind: Smore.com is accessed by millions of people every month, thousands simultaneously.
- Work in quick iterations and get things shipped.
- Write high quality backend and frontend code in a high performance environment complete with code reviews, tests and all the other goodies.
- Work with all parts of the technology stack, hack quick solutions together and experiment with new technologies.
- Three-year's development experience
- Software engineering degree or equivalent / Technological unit alumni
- Attention to detail and a passion to create the best stuff
- Strong desire to learn new things and keen interest in new technologies
Bonus points for:
- Experience with modern web frameworks and services
- Working and contributing to Open Source projects
- Experience working on high performance applications
- DevOps experience
- Database optimization experience, especially with MongoDB
- An eye for good design, typography and products
So What's the Deal?
- We are an established startup company with millions of users and a steady (and growing) revenue stream.
- We are dedicated to our work but believe in efficiency, not long hours. We are also flexible as needed and are committed to being family friendly.
- We are a small company and we all brainstorm and work together, regardless of rank or seniority.
- We are a startup company, so things change fast. You'll need to keep up and be adaptive.
- At Smore, everyone has product input and is expected to care about the product's quality. Our mission is to delight our customers.
- Your resume (PDFs work best)
- Links to: your blog, your GitHub profile, your StackExchange profile, any projects you've worked on and any open source contributions you've made
- Why you want to work for Smore
- Anything else that we should know or that you think might help us get to know you better :)
Top 6 reasons to work at Smore:
We only hire the best talent. Work with top-quality engineers, designers and more.
Make a difference
Small company means your input is important.
We believe in hard and efficient work, not extra-long hours.
Code review, tests and thorough design are our bread and butter.
We move fast
We are always re-iterating our plans according to user insights and industry changes.
Successful, dynamic company
Smore is a high revenue, established and growing company.