Plumbrook Parent News
September 10, 2021
Upcoming Important Dates
Monday, September 6-No School
Friday, September 17-Picture day! (More Info to come)
Dear Plumbrook Families:
Just a reminder that the final date to enroll in the UCS device insurance program for the 2021-22 school year is Friday, September 10, 2021. For more details about this optional program, please visit www.uticak12.org/device.
Next week Friday is picture day! You should be getting a form from your child's teacher, and below is information if you would like to order online. Virtual students can come at any time between 9AM and 3PM. Please ring the bell and your children will be escorted in to get their pictures taken. (Parents will need to wait outside). We love picture day and can not wait to see all of our Knights dressed up and ready for those big smiles!
As always, please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Have a great weekend!
Optional Device Insurance must be purchased by September 10, 2021
Covid-19 Quarantine Procedures
We send the letter home if there is a confirmed or probable case of Covid-19 in the building. (A person with symptoms and who has had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within 10 days is considered a probable case of COVID-19. Please note.... a student who has symptoms but has not been in direct contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 is not considered probable.)
We work with the teachers and staff to identify close contacts of the affected person. A close contact is someone who is within 6 feet for more than 15 cumulative minutes throughout the day. We look at all areas such as the classroom, lunchroom, bus, recess, specials, and SACC.
We then personally call each of our families that are affected and let them know that their student has been identified as a direct contact and will need to quarantine.
The quarantine guidelines have been adjusted this week to reflect the following for contacts:
- Direct contacts are to quarantine for 10 days from the date of exposure- we will provide the families with their return date
- After the 5th day of quarantine, the family has the option of having the affected person take a PCR or Rapid Antigen Covid test through a medical provider (it cannot be a home test). If the test is negative and no symptoms develop, the student can return on day 8.
- A copy of the PCR test must be provided to the office prior to the student returning
Please Screen your Child before Sending them to School
Self-screening students before school is essential to the health and safety of the school community.
Before your child leaves in the morning, ask these two questions:
- In the last 24 hours, has your child developed any of the following symptoms that are new/different/worse from baseline of any chronic illness: cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new loss of smell and new loss of taste?
- In the last 24 hours, has your child developed any of the following symptoms that are new/different/worse from baseline chronic illness: subjective fever (felt feverish) or measured temperature 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher chills or rigors (sever chills with shivering), headache, sore throat, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, runny nose or congestion and fatigue?
The answer should be no to both questions. If not, your child should remain at home for their protection and the health and safety of his/her classmates and the adults in your local school. Please call your school’s office to communicate this absence.
Laura Kirsch-Administrative Assistant
Anna Kirschenheiter-Office Clerk
Attendance Line 586-797-6099
School Hours: 8:40 AM-3:30 PM
Half Day Hours: 8:40 AM-11:44 AM
Office Hours: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM