August 4, 2014
News to Roar About
- Thank you to Sharon, Amber, Tammy, Teresa, Christy, Karen and Trisha for the great IGNITE sessions to get us thinking about great ways to use technology in the classroom! We appreciate your initiative, leadership and "trail blazing"!
- Trisha Connor for your excellent presentation on STEM! You did a super job of helping us understand STEM as we get started with this work!
- To the Harbins staff for being so prepared for Registration Day and for making our students and families feel so welcome! They all left very excited for an outstanding school year!
- Jennifer Rogers for all of your work to get our new students registered and scheduled. It is a big job and we appreciate all you have done to keep things running smoothly with so many new kids!
- Jennifer R, Mia, Montine, Jennifer S, and Diann for all you did in the front office to get things ready for the staff and students' return!
- Joan Tullis and team for providing such a beautiful, clean facility where we can work and learn each day!
- Vicki Pruitt for your outstanding work to help us prep all of the STEM activities for preplanning! A good time was had by all!
- Harbins staff for a great preplanning! We cannot wait to get started with the kiddos!
- Teachers for your time and attention during the GTES training. We look forward to spending time in your classrooms!
- Bridget and Jennifer for your leadership on the bus tag meeting. We appreciate your help to ensure that all of our students get to the right location after school.
- Teachers for your careful attention to the bus tags and your work to ensure they are accurate. This is very important work and your help is greatly appreciated.
- Keith Brown for getting laptops in the labs for our preplanning adventures. We appreciate your help.
- Cafe staff for our delicious breakfast on Monday! It's a great way to start the day!
- Cafe staff for their hard work to get the kitchen set up and ready for the first day of school. It was not an easy task!
- Marie Patterson for jumping in to the work at Harbins. We appreciate your leadership already! Congrats on creating your first Kahoot!
SPG Testing Meeting
Required Compliance Training
- August 12 for grades K-2
- August 14 for grades 3-5
We will start with the PTA meeting broadcast over closed circuit and then turn it over to teachers. See Curriculum Night reminders attached to today's Roar email.
No Tool Time on Wednesday, August 6.
Specials Week 1
Professional Learning Days
Your students should have a CD in their student paper portfolio (grades 2-5) that you received. Please do not discard those CDs. We need to save their prior work to our current ePortfolio format on Weebly. More information to come soon, but please hold onto those CDs until...
Classroom Spirit Award
School Improvement Team
The SIT team Retreat will be held on September 2 from 8:00-4:00. Location: Professional Development Room
News to Roar About
We will place “News to Roar About” in the Roar each Monday. It is our hope that throughout the year that you will take time to send us a note to let us know about a colleague who deserves recognition for outstanding work. Please be sure to share your compliments with us so we can highlight those individuals in the Roar. You can email compliments to Cindy Truett or Montine Powell.
Leaders in Learning
A Chrome file will be shared with each teacher, please go in to list your Leader in Learning for August when Montine sends out the notification email.