Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of Oct 18
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Today is the end of the 9-weeks and is a day students can regain/lose eligibility. Students who regain eligibility may begin performing again on October 23. Students who do not regain or lose eligibility will not be able to perform with the band beginning on October 23.
- Monday marks the start of the 2nd 9-weeks and we are excited to welcome many remote students back to in-person instruction! Be sure to check your Canvas announcements to view the updated seating charts for the 2nd 9-weeks.
- The Mustang Band will attend away football games in a reduced capacity. The away game assignments/bus lists are HERE (must use GCISD email). If your name is missing from the list, please email Mr. Redd ASAP. We will send a signup for the volunteer spots in the following weeks.
- Wind Ensemble will perform a virtual concert Friday, October 30th at 8:45AM. The concert will be broadcast live and available on the Band Parent Facebook page. No live seating will be available for the performance.
- Semester exams for band will be recorded beginning the week of November 30th. Students will have until Sunday, December 6th to submit the three components of the exam. Students will play the first and second Freshman cuts of the all-region music and 12 major scales for their audition. The assignment will be posted in Canvas starting on the 30th and the assignment will close on Sunday night.
- CLICK HERE to get music on our website.
- We are excited to start our first fundraiser of the year! We have partnered with MSC Fundraising to sell masks! The website has our initial line up, but more will be added soon! You can check it out here: https://www.mscfundraising.com/collections/ghs-mustang-band
- Annual Calendar HERE.
- You need to clean and disinfect your instruments! (videos below)
Get your football tickets for MPS
They will be limited to 4-tickets per transaction.
- All Volunteers need to fill out a GCISD required background check
- Have you joined our FB Parent Page? If not, please go to the link and
request to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2772812576066464
Pit Crew Scholarship
The Pit Crew Scholarship recognizes and rewards senior members of the GHS Mustang Band who maintain a good academic standing and who exemplify what might be called the “pit crew work ethic” – working behind the scenes, doing unglamorous but necessary work, without seeking a reward other than helping the band. Band member(s) who are selected to receive a scholarship are recognized at the annual band banquet with a financial award that can range from $500 - $1000. The link to apply for a Pit Crew Scholarship will be posted on the Band Website on November 1st. The deadline to submit an application will be November 15th.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone.
Visit the band website for details.