Blue Hills News
From the Desk of the Principal - March 26, 2021
Dear Blue Hills Families,
Yesterday, you should have received an important letter regarding the return to 100% in-person learning. More information will be sent out next week regarding the reopening plans. Please review this letter as well as the requirements for those who choose to continue remote only learning.
The Fall 2 season is well under way, and games have begun. Please note that we are allowing spectators for home, outdoor games, as long as the following protocol are followed:
- Spectators must remain 6 feet apart from other groups/households at all times.
- Masks must be worn at all times (including on the bleachers and seating areas overlooking fields.)
- No spectators are allowed on the playing fields or on the track or inside gated areas.
- Spectators are strongly encouraged to bring their own chairs.
Schedules for Fall 2 athletics are posted on the Blue Hills website, but are subject to change at any time.
Spring Athletics Registration is open on FamilyID and will run until 4/28/2021. All athletes must register and ensure that up to date physical exams are on file with Nurse Gainey by the 28th. The season (tryouts) begins on May 5, 2021.
Beginning March 29, late buses will run at 3:10 Monday-Thursday to facilitate extra help for any student who is in school that day.
MCAS is, for now, still scheduled for this Spring. Details will be released soon on testing dates and scheduling for both 10th and 11th grade.
Next week our freshmen students will be in their final week of exploratory. They will explore one program on Monday and Tuesday and their last program on Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday all freshmen will be given a purple form asking them to select their first, second and third choice for final placement. This form will need to be brought home on Wednesday and brought back Thursday. Ms. Sylvia sent an email on March 23 to all freshmen students and their parent/guardians with a link to a video explaining the placement process. The video can be accessed here: https://youtu.be/qdgJmX4CKyo. Students who are full remote will get an email from Ms. Sylvia on March 31 with a Google Form that needs to be filled out and returned by April 1. If students have questions about selecting their final placements, they are encouraged to reach out to the teachers in those programs.
New Press Box/Scorers Table
Upcoming Schedule - IN-PERSON Days
(subject to change)
Special Schedule: April 7 (Late Start In-Service)
10:40 - Grades 10 and 12 Arrive (Vocational)
11:00 - Academics Period 1
11:30 - Academics Period 2
12:00 - 1:00 - Academics Lunch/Break
1:00 - 1:30 - Academics Period 3
1:30 - 2:00 - Academics Period 4
2:00 - 2:20 - Academics Extra Help/Independent Study
Getting ready for Kick-Off!!
Parking/Drop-Off/Pickup - Please Review!
- If you are dropping off a student-athlete in the afternoon, please do NOT drive by parked busses. Please park and drop off, or drop off before 2:20 or after busses leave.
- Do not park or pickup at the front entrance after school. Parents/Guardians picking up after school should pull alongside the front of the gym and cafeteria into the East lot, or find a spot to park and wait.
- Congestion is increasing in the afternoon with athletics and more students in-person; please be patient and thanks for your caution while entering and exiting the campus.
Free and Reduced Lunch: PEBT Information
The Blue Hills Booster Club can be found on facebook for general information. You can find more detailed information through the school website by clicking on the Student/Parents tab then click on the Booster Club.
The Booster Club meets via zoom on the 4th Wednesday of each month. The calendar will provide information on store hours, meeting notes, times, and link to zoom, and upcoming events. If you should have any further questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com.
Covid-19 Information - From Nurse Gainey
Massachusetts has called off the flu shot requirement for this academic year, but it is still recommended that students receive a flu shot.
Please send your records of physical exams to Nurse Gainey.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
*DAILY SYMPTOM CHECK
EXPOSURE TO THE VIRUS CAN HAPPEN
What you do next will help control the spread of the infection:
TESTING, TRACING, ISOLATION, COMMUNICATION
- If you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms please stay home and get tested.
- If someone in your home tests positive you must quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you become symptomatic.
- If you are informed that you are a close contact (within less than or equal to 6 feet for 10 to 15 minutes over 24 hours with or without mask or if someone coughed or sneezed directly in your unmasked face) you MUST quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if symptomatic.
- If a family member is identified as a close contact, and you are NOT symptomatic, you are expected to come to school. If that family member tested positive you would then be considered a close contact and be required to quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you became symptomatic.
- If you return from out of state travel, you will be required to quarantine for fourteen days.
- Please notify the school firstname.lastname@example.org asap or call Mrs. Gainey RN @ 781-828-5800 X 2230 or Mrs. Pica @ X 2250 in Student Affairs if you are absent or to report a COVID-19 concern.
All students will receive free lunch and breakfast through the end of this school year.
Students that are learning at home are eligible for meal pickup - please click on the link below to place orders and learn more:
IT Support & Remote Learning
Remote Academic Schedules
Blue Hills Regional Technical School
Blue Hills Regional Technical School’s mission is to continue its history of academic achievement, technical training and character development through a curriculum which emphasizes the integration of cutting-edge technical programs and challenging academic courses, enabling its students to become competent, caring and productive people in a diverse and changing world.
Community, Opportunity, Relevance, Employability