Tracking the Trojans!
Clawson Athletics updates - June 6, 2022
Athletes of the Week - May 31-June 4
Claire Thomson - Senior, Varsity Track and Field
For the third straight year, Claire was named Most Valuable Player of the MAC Bronze Division for Track and Field. Her time of 2:34.68 in the 800 run was the best in the Regionals, and she represented Clawson HS at the State Meet on Saturday finishing 20th with a time of 2:33.15.
Nick Pensom - Senior, Varsity Track and Field
In his first year of running Varsity track, Nick qualified for the State Meet in the 400 run. He captured first place at Regionals with a time of 54.84, and he finished 20th in the state on Saturday with a run of 55.09. Nick was also part of the 3rd place 4x400 relay team as well as the 5th place 4x800 team at Regionals.
Spring Sports Awards Night
Wednesday, June 8th, 6:30pm
101 John M Avenue
SUMMER YOUTH CAMPS
Clawson Athletics - Summer Youth Camps
Basketball - Junior Trojan Basketball Registration Link - June 13-17 - 9am-3pm (registration deadline is June 7 - ACT FAST!)
Volleyball - Junior Trojan Volleyball Registration info - June 20-24 - 9am-3pm
Baseball - Youth Baseball Camp Registration info - June 27, 28, 29 - 9am-12pm
Softball - Youth Softball Camp Registration info - June 28, 29, 30 - 11:30am-3:30pm
Soccer - Middle School Soccer Camp Registration info - July 11-13 - 6pm-8pm
Football - Youth Football Camp Registration info - July 25-26 - 6pm-8pm
Senior Honors Night - Athletics
Athletes of the Year
- COLIN SNYDER - A 4-sport athlete and a true competitor. This kid can literally do it all on the athletic field - he orchestrates the offense on the gridiron and the defense on the pitch. He’s the self-less “do whatever it takes” to help the team win on the hardwood and can throw a fastball pretty darn fast on the diamond.
- CHARLIE VERNER - A 5-sport athlete and the ultimate leader-by-example. There is no one that will outwork her in any sport and she’s a genuine teammate that takes pride in herself and her team. She dominates the front row in volleyball, has a solid post game in basketball and can bunt and run with the best of them on the softball field - and she decided to help out her friends and run cross country and track this year, too.
Teammate of the Year
second annual “Teammate of the Year” award represents the 2022 Senior who was that ultimate teammate - just like Heather.
- ELLA KOLF - Skilled in the sport but modest and respectful in every situation - someone who sacrificed for the good of her team. Ella is talented, friendly, and incredibly humble as a person and athlete.
Triple Threat Award
In its 6th year, the Triple Threat Award is given to recognize those athletes that have put the time, energy and commitment to 3 or more different sports at Clawson High School during their Senior Year. With specialization of sports starting at younger ages, the number of multi-sport athletes across the nation has decreased dramatically over the past few years. Our number of multi-sport athletes continues to rise at CHS, and we feel it is important to honor the student-athletes’ versatility and dedication to Clawson Athletics. The Class of 2022 is, by far, the largest class of 3+ sport athletes that we have had at CHS in a long, long time. There are 10 inductees to the Triple Threat Club from the Class of 2022. The newest members of the Triple Threat Club are:
Renata Carlesimo - volleyball, cross country, basketball, softball, track and field
Natalie Champine - basketball, softball and soccer
Alex Cordone - soccer, football, basketball, baseball
Brett Haney - football, wrestling, baseball
Emma Hartley - football, basketball, baseball
Nick Lanfear - soccer, wrestling, track and field
Abbey Lodato - cross country, basketball, soccer and track and field
Nick Pensom - soccer, basketball and track and field
Colin Snyder - football, soccer, basketball, and baseball
Charlie Verner - volleyball, cross country, basketball, softball and track and field
All student-athletes in High School and Middle School must have the following in order to participate in athletics at CHS and CMS:
- Current Physical (dated on or after April 15, 2022)
- PlanetHS.com account (click here for video on how to do this)
- Athlete Code of Conduct (on PlanetHS.com)
- Pay to Participate
Please contact the Athletic Office if you have any questions - 248.655.4217