St. Cecilia Spotlight - Nov 15
November 15, 2023
- 11/21/23 - Early Dismissal at 11:00 AM: All school mass (8:00 AM) and awards immediately following in church. No lunch will be served and there will not be any Aftercare provided. Signing students out prior to the 11:00 AM dismissal will result in an unexcused tardy.
- 11/21/23 - Parent Teacher Conferences: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM. Scheduling is now available in Sycamore. Middle School will release a second date. Report cards will not be sent home. Once available and if you wish to have a hard copy, you may print it from the "Documents" section on your student's Sycamore profile.
- 12/5/23 - Staff Emergency Preparedness Training: No Aftercare and Daycare will close at 2:00 PM in order for all staff to attend.
- DEADLINE TO ORDER FOR CHRISTMAS IS NOVEMBER 15TH -
PLEASE NOTE: The current dress code does permit apparel from the sports committee spiritwear shop. The dress code was approved prior to the new line of apparel being offered. At this time, we will honor the current dress code for the 2023-2024 school year. We will move to wearing the official school crest only for the following year.
***Additional spirtwear days will be added to the calendar for students to showcase all things St. Cecilia.***
(ITEMS PERMITTED: Crewneck Sweatshirts, 3/4 Zip, Fleece and Sweaters - NO HOODIES!)
HOW TO ORDER:
- Visit the Saint Cecilia Spirit Wear Shop by clicking the links below or visiting our main website.
- Browse the amazing selection of spirit wear, from cozy hoodies to trendy tees.
- Select your preferred items and sizes, then proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to include your student's name, grade, and homeroom teacher's name in the order form to ensure it gets delivered with no issues. Failure to do so will result in delay in delivery.
- Complete your order and mark your calendar for the delivery date. Items will be delivered to the Teachers room at the end of each month.
NOTE: The store will close each month on the 15th and everything ordered will be delivered by the 30th. If you order after the 15th it will be delivered the following month. Let's make this school year truly unforgettable by proudly representing our beloved Saint Cecilia Catholic School.
Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our school community.
FEAST OF ST. CECILIA
Our students will be given an opportunity to show veneration to the relic of St. Cecilia before they leave Mass on Tuesday, November 21st. This is because the Feast of St. Cecilia is on Wednesday, November 22nd, however, our students and staff will already be on break.
As St. Cecilia is the patroness of our parish, we are extremely honored to possess a relic of her, which is in fact a piece of her bone. This relic is held in a glass case, called a reliquary, which is held in a gold case which is shaped as a cross.
Please read this document for comments on the history of relics in the Church, as well as their public veneration.
With regard to the physical act of veneration. The most historical and customary form is to kiss the glass of the reliquary or the cross that encapsulates it. During public venerations, the spot that was kissed is whipped clean before another person venerates it.
However, it is also acceptable to simply touch the reliquary or cross. If done, that touched spot will also be cleaned before the next veneration. If physical contact is undesirable, then a genuflection or a bow of the head will suffice.
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers, we thank you! In this month of thanksgiving, we give a huge shout-out to our many volunteers. Without you, we could not achieve what we are able to accomplish. A special thanks to volunteers in our cafeteria and classrooms, those involved in PTO and sports, our Veteran's Day and Book Fair volunteers, and those who continually assist us in numerous ways.
- BLUE MARBLE BOOK FAIR -
Blue Marble Book Fair is going on through Friday at noon. Thank you to those who have and will support this local small business. Our selection includes many popular books and a nice selection of religious options. We are proud to offer this opportunity to our families.
ALADDIN, JR. - DRAMA PERFORMANCE
The time has come! The Youth Group's first meeting will be Friday, November 17th from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM. Please use the link below to sign up your students! This is for students in Grades 6-8.
If you have any questions please email: email@example.com.
The winners of the Fall Calendar were drawn last night. We will reach out to all the winners to inform them if they were not in attendance. Congratulations to all of you and thank you for participating!
The Texas Roadhouse Gift Card Sale will begin on Nov. 20 and run for 2 weeks only! This is a great way to support the school while checking off Christmas Gift ideas! Flyers will be sent home with the kids soon. If you have any questions, you can email the PTO.
SPORTS VOLUNTEER HOURS! VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
St. Cecilia is hosting the Diocese 5th Grade Boys Basketball League this year.
This is a huge undertaking that requires lots of volunteers to make it successful. Please plan to work a shift, or two, or three! Money made from hosting this event will financially benefit the school and our student athletes.
St. Cecilia Sports Committee is hosting its first-ever basketball league in our new gym! We had our first set of league games last Saturday and it was a blast! A huge thank you to our Basketball Director, Maribeth Niesen, for making this a dream come true! Not only does this showcase our school, but an opportunity to connect STC sports and students to the broader community. Here is the captured moment of the first tip-off by St. Cecilia 5th Grade Boys!
Our first ever STC Archery team competed in the Community Christian Archery Tournament last Saturday! Our team of archers did a great job and are excited to attend more upcoming tournaments! Big thank you to our Archery Program Coordinator, Sheila Luckhardt, for making this happen! Adding Archery to our list of STC Sports has been a great experience and would have not happened without Sheila!
As you can see, big things are happening with STC Sports! STC Sports Committee is a group of parent volunteers who love sports and want our students to make lasting friendships and to simply have fun! If you love seeing STC students more active in sports, please come join the STC sports committee! Contact J.P. Milleck at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
Basketball and Archery Picture Day is November 28th in the school gym.
Attached is the electronic copy of the Lifetouch Flyer.
Attached is the picture schedule.
*8th Graders*...Sports Committee wants your individual picture taken to hang as a banner in the gym! Please get your individual picture taken for each sport played during the winter 2023-24 season. If you missed the fall pictures, please also get your picture taken for that sport. The cost of the banners are covered by the sports committee!
Men's Stag $5 for $500 Raffle
Thank you to those who have already turned in their money and tickets. Feel free to send in sold tickets and money to the school anytime before the December 7th deadline. Let us know if you need more sheets to sell and we are happy to send more home. Contact email@example.com.
Reminder, every student who sells at least 10 raffle tickets will have a chance to win a $100 or $50 gift card. The classroom that sells the most tickets will win a Friday night open gym time from 6pm - 8pm hosted by the Sports Committee with pizza dinner. Date to be determined.
Men's Stag - Tickets Now On Sale
We're back - 1/20/24 at 6pm for another epic night in the Undercroft filled with live music, wings, draft beer, games, and raffles while watching the NFL divisional round! Draft beer and wings are INCLUDED in your ticket price!
The 2024 Men's Stag is brought to you by the St Cecilia Sports Committee. We are committed to having more sporting activities available to the children during the recess hour. Proceeds will purchase new outdoor basketball goals with concrete pads on school property!
Buy your tickets now for $25. Visit our website at http://www.tinyurl.com/stcstag to purchase Admission tickets and check out our online raffles. Online Raffles include a Joe Burrow autographed full-sized helmet with COA, Blackstone Grill, and Bourbon Collection. Table Sponsorships are still available! Any questions, contact Josh Whisman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notre Dame Academy and Covington Catholic High School are hosting Michael DeLeon, from Steered Straight, Inc. for a return visit on Wednesday, November 15.
Michael will be speaking about trends and prevention strategies regarding vaping and tobacco, marijuana, alcohol, and problematic substances. He is a very powerful and dynamic speaker, who is up-to-date and tells it like it is.
Any interested parent is welcome to attend the Parent Academy on November 15 at 6:30 p.m. in the Covington Catholic Gym.
Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 14th, 2023, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 14th, 2023, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Catholic Charities, Training Room, 3629 Church St. Covington, Kentucky 41015. Wednesday, November 15th, 2023, 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 28th, 2023, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 28th, 2023, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Diocesan Catholic Children’s Home, Miller Building Training Room, 75 Orphanage Road, Ft. Mitchell. Tuesday, November 28th, 2023, 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, December 5th, 2023, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, December 5th, 2023, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, January 9th, 2024, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, January 9th, 2024, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary, Britt Hall, 5876 Veterans Way, Burlington, Kentucky 41005. Thursday, January 11th, 2024, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, January 24th, 2024, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, January 24th, 2024, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, February 7th, 2024, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, February 7th, 2024, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.