Campus Safety 101
Staying safe on campus
On Campus in the evening
- Walk with a friend.
- Stay in well-lit, well-populated areas. Take the safest route, not the fastest route.
- Be aware of your environment. Don’t be afraid to look over your shoulders. It’s not rude to maintain a safe distance between yourself and others.
- Avoid blind corners. Take wide turns so that you have room to react to what’s ahead.
- Carry your keys in your hands. They may be used as a weapon if necessary.
- Be aware of the location of the nearest blue light emergency (ERS) phones.
- Do not fall asleep in isolated areas or if there are unknown persons in the room with you.
- Plan ahead. Know where the restrooms, food and water are. Do not wander around campus aimlessly.