Week of December 14th- December 18th
Week of December 14th-18th
- Grinch Day- Wear your favorite Grinch shirt or green.
Tuesday, December 15th
- Top the Tree with Tinsel Tuesday- Wear your favorite Santa Hat, Reindeer Antlers, ETC
- Collaborative Team Time - 3rd Grade (7:30a-8:10am)
Wednesday, December 16th
- Walk to School Wednesday - Walk or bike to school, or find some time to walk or bike outside today!
- Sweater Weather - Wear your favorite ugly holiday sweater
- Collaborative Team Time -4th Grade (7:30a-8:10a)
Thursday, December 17th
- Think like an Elf Thursday- Wear your favorite Elf gear
- Collaborative Team Time -5th Grade (7:30a-8:10a)
Friday, December 18th
- Flannel Friday - Wear flannel or your holiday pajama's
- Virtual Stampede- 8:00am
- Holiday Parties- 9:00am-10:00am
- Collaborative Team Time - Virtual Teachers (7:30a-8:10a)
Holiday Parties/Virtual Craft Pick Up Times
McClure Parents and Guardians,
We will have our Holiday Parties this Friday, December 18th, from 9:00am-10:00am. The PTO will be providing a craft for each student to complete during the party. Each student will bring their own special snack to enjoy during the party. See below for the Virtual Craft Pick Up schedule.
Virtual Craft Pick Up:
Monday- December 14th 8:30-10:00am AND 11:00-1:00pm
Tuesday- December 15th 8:30-10:00am AND 1:00-2:30pm
We will be doing this as a drive through pick up both days in the Main entrance/ bus lane. If you are unable to come during those times, you can pick it up in the front office during school hours through Thursday, December 17th.
Unlike in past years, we will not be able to have all parents attend the winter parties with their children. We will have 1 room parent per class to help with the party. We know this is another disappointment due to the pandemic, but we are excited that we at least get to still have the parties! We appreciate your understanding regarding the changes this year and look forward to a fun time with your kiddos!
Canned Fruit Drive
Notes from our Counselor
Thank you for supporting our Angel Tree. Through your generosity, we were able to help 46 children with gifts, clothing, and groceries! My heart is completely full with the compassion and love that our community shows for others. The Marshal Community clearly embraces the spirit of giving and caring for others.
Holiday Technology Update
In an effort to continue learning support outside the classroom, your student will bring a device (and a charging cord) home for the holiday break. Kindergarten and first grade students will bring home an iPad while all students in grades 2-5 will leave campus with a dedicated laptop computer. Each device will be checked-out to individual students through the campus library on or before December 18th and should be returned with students on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 when school resumes.
If you know your child will be leaving for Winter Break prior to December 18th, please contact your students teacher so that they can make sure your child brings a device and charger home on the last day they will be in school before the break.
All MISD iPads and laptops are managed by the district and have an attached content filter that travels with the device. iPad applications are hard coded to the device from the MISD technology department and cannot be removed. Conversely, ancillary applications cannot be added to iPads using a personal iTunes account. iPads come standard with durable covers and screen protectors. Please do not remove this case.
MISD is proud to provide our students with opportunities to continue their learning any time and in any place using 1:1 digital tools. Learning doesn’t stop when the bell rings and we hope that your family will be able to leverage some of our digital learning resources while on holiday break.There will be no technology support throughout the break.
Top 10 Tips for Caring for your Device at Home
- Wash your hands before using your device.
- Find one place in your house to keep your device when it is not being used. Don’t leave your device on the floor where someone might step on it.
- Keep all liquids like water, milk, sodas etc. away from your iPad or laptop.
- Do not remove the protective case on your iPad.
- If you are walking with your laptop in your hand, be sure that the lid is closed and there is nothing in your path that might make you trip.
- Follow all the rules of your home concerning technology. Your laptop or iPad is for learning, unless your parents allow you to use it for other things.
- Don’t leave your laptop or iPad in a car or at someone else’s home.
- Keep track of your power cord and take care of it too.
- Laptops and iPads are not for pets.
- iPads and laptops are not pool or beach toys. Leave your device inside when you are outside.
MISD Laptop Fees for 4th & 5th Graders- Extended
**Fee Extended through January 21, 2021
McKinney ISD requires an Annual Usage Fee of $30 ($15 for free and reduced lunch) for the use of laptops in the 1:The World program for students in grades 4-12.
This annual fee will cover the first incident of accidental damage, theft, fire, water damage or vandalism with no deductible. Subsequent incidents over the life of the computer will incur a $125.00 deductible per incident.
This is just a reminder that if you haven’t done so already, this fee can be paid through the Home Access Center using a credit or debit card or cash or check payments can be made in person on campus.
Please note that if you pay through the Home Access Center (HAC), you will need to disable pop-up blockers on your browser, and you may not be able to pay from a mobile device.
If you have questions, please contact Holly Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org
McClure 2020-2021 Student Handbook
Parents and students, visit the new Help Desk site for answers to help you with the most frequently asked laptop questions: Zoom, Login/Password Issues, Hardware/Software questions, Printers, Proxy and FAQs.
Free & Reduced Lunch Applications
Free & Reduced Lunch ApplicationsTo enable social distancing and an easier experience for the parents, we recommend that parents use the online application option, which is open at http://www.mckinneyisd.schoollunchapp.com/. The online application is also usually quicker to process.
PTO Membership Information
Studies have shown students do better in school when parents are engaged at school.
For more information about the McClure PTO please click the button below.
McClure Dad's Club
The McClure Dads Organization is a group of Dads that support many School and PTO functions, as well as several specific functions hosted by the Dads.
Our Mission Statement is to inspire children by being present, setting a positive example, and being supportive of education.
For more information about McClure Dads email us at McCluredads@gmail.com or look us up on Facebook @ McClure Dads
Doors are open daily at 7:15AM (North Entrance Carpool Drop Off)
Breakfast is served at 7:30AM - 7:50AM
Tardy bell rings at 8:00AM and morning announcements begin
Dismissal bell rings at 3:07PM