Juan Diego Academy September 3, 2015
Kindergarten has had a wonderful start to the new school year. I want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to help your child adjust to their new classroom.
Please note the following dates and events:
1, Tomorrow Friday, September 4th, we will have a "Pay to Dress Day" to raise money for our orphans who live in Mexico. This means that they are allowed to be out of uniform and wear their favorite clothes if they pay $2.00 tomorrow morning.
2. Please make sure you have filled out your Parent Survey that we sent home on the first day of school. It is urgent we receive it. If you lost it, contact me by e-mail.
My school e-mail address is email@example.com . Please e-mail me at any time and I will get back to you the end of the day.
3. MONDAY THERE IS NO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!
4. BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT IS NEXT WEEK ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH. Please meet upstairs at 6:00 p.m. for a short meeting with the principal and staff members. Then you will come down to my classroom to listen to our talk about what your child will be learning this year, schedules, and routines. Please do not stay after my talk to ask me how your child is doing. I have no time to answer questions because I have to present my talk again 2 more times. So if you have questions about how your child is doing, feel free to make an appointment with the secretary and we can meet after school at your convenience.
5. From the next week every children must to bring the complete school uniform.
--> Shirts and blouses are to be tucked in
--> T-shirts worn under the uniform shirt or blouse must be plain white.
--> No jackets will be worn inside the school.
-->All students shall have a sweater, sweatshirt, or vest every day.
-->All girls need to wear shorts under their skirts.
6. Please send a filled water bottle that fits on the side of their backpack. They may take it home daily and it is up to you to refill it with fresh water at home.
7. Remeber to bring me two passport photos and other 6x8 size photo of your child to use in class. In total three.
WHAT DID WE LEARN THIS WEEK?
We make a tour at the school, in order to know the differents places: cafeteria, office, restroom...
We have played game for names, we have danced, and we have known new spanish song for instance: "buenos días" "a recoger a recoger", "días de la semana", "meses del año"...
It is important that when children paint or write at home, they take the pencil correctly (with index finger and thumb) We have a song to remember that, it is:
"Este es el piquito de mi pajarito. Come, come, come y se va. " Maybe you can sing too!