The Bronco Buzz
~May 8, 2015~
UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE FORKS
- Monday, May 11 -EOC Testing Continues
- Monday, May 11-7th Grade Jr Achievement Ramp UP!
- Monday, May 11- 6th Grade Awards Night @ Grace - 6pm
- Tuesday, May 12- Scholars Bowl A-Team vs Faculty in Media Center @ 8AM
- Tuesday, May 12- EOC Testing Continues
- Tuesday, May 12- 7th Grade Awards Night @ Grace - 6pm
- Wednesday, May 13 - 6th Grade Bronco Day
- Wednesday, May 13- SPG Post Test- Connections
- Wednesday, May 13- Special Education PLC
- Thursday, May 14- Curriculum PLC- 45 minutes
- Thursday, May 14- SPG Post Test- Connections
- Thursday, May 14- Blazing Bronco Breakfast
- Thursday, May 14- 6th grade Field Trip-Environmental and Heritage Center
- Thursday, May 14- 8th Grade Awards Night @ Grace - 6pm
- Friday, May 15- 7th Grade Bronco Day
- Friday, May 15- Healthways Biometric Screenings
- Friday, May 15- Goodman Team Meeting
- Friday, May 15- 6th grade Field Trip-Environmental and Heritage Center
- Friday, May 15- Eads Wedding Shower in the Media Center
WINS FOR THE WEEK!
- Our 7th and 8th Grade Orchestra Concerts were AMAZING! Thank you, Alaina Morris, for always putting on fabulous Spring Concerts! The parents were amazed at the progress their students have made over the past few years. Also, thank you to the MANY staff members who came out to support Mrs. Morris and her students!
- Thank you to our incredible Band and Chorus teachers, Mr. Cogdill and Mrs. Bosworth for putting on a show to remember. The evening under the stars felt like a "professional" concert. Many parents stated that it felt like a Night at Chastain! Again, many thanks to the staff members who stayed to support the Band and Chorus program.
- This week we had our rising 6th graders visit from our elementary feeder schools- they were so excited and had such a good time visiting their new school! Thank you Rachel Mickle and Liz Sewell for organizing these visits. Again, Band, Orchestra, Chorus, Drama, Robotics, and more really made the day festive! The kids are SO excited about their futures as FFMS Broncos!
- We had a wonderful Retirement Celebration Luncheon for Dennis Turnham, Aletha Annan, and Susie Teehan, and Susie Parker. It was marvelous to celebrate the hard work and dedication of these fantastic people.
- Our PLC meetings were amazing this week, and we continued to learn at our highest levels. We revisited our Apple Orchard and celebrated our students and the connections that we have made this year. We looked forward to our work next year as we make those connections even stronger. In our 90 Minute PLC, we went back into FIP and had some awesome discussions about Clear Learning Targets! WOW!
- EOC Testing has been flawless! Thank you to everyone who helped make this very important testing event run smoothly! We have two more days to go next week!
COUNT ME IN
INSTRUCTIONAL HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK!
BYOD in Art
In art, we are wrapping up our Road Trip adventures across the United States. We are finishing in Washington, D.C. We took a virtual field trip to our nation's capital through an introductory YouTube video. We read the children's book "Washington, D.C." by Paula Croyle, and then we set out with the Nexus tablets. Students were to pick three buildings or monuments to sketch, find facts, and explore architectural designs. We will use this information to construct mini-models of the historic city.
BYOD in Art
This app allows students to use their photos and add text and/or record sound captions to create a storybook that will be available on the iPad's iBook bookshelf. It is a $1.99 app for iPad & iPad mini- and a $2.49 app on Google Play. Book Creator has a nice, kid-friendly design and a simple format to help students create their own books through text and pictures. Students I have used it with loved the program and I felt that they captured grade-level content in a creative and original way. Try this one out with your class!
Book Creator for iPad
Book Creator for Android
Don't forget to sign up for eCLASS Summer Staff Development!
Registration Available in PDE April 1, 2015 For questions about eCLASS Summer Staff Development please email or call Dona Smith in the eCLASS office at email@example.com or 678-301-7293.
Did you know that Mrs. Brown has started a Blog? Check out what is happening in our very own FFMS Media Center!