COVID-19 SPECIAL EDITION
---------March 16th thru April 24th---------
Dear Kittitas School District Families
As we negotiate uncharted territories, it is important that we stay strong and work on focusing on what we can control in our lives. During this time, I would encourage you to consider the following:
- Keep you student(s) on a schedule where you have built in time for learning, reading, exercise, and creative activities.
- Avoid watching the news with your child(ren) and only share with them what is helpful for them to know but will not raise their anxieties or scare them.
- Reach out to us or other resources in the community if you are struggling with how to manage through this time. We will be answering the phones at KSS this week (3/17-3/20) and after our scheduled spring break.
- There will be food service during this week and after spring break for students, so consider taking a drive or walk to the elementary school to get your student(s) lunch.
We have developed an extensive list of website, activities, and teacher provided resources in this newsletter. We hope you will find this helpful in the coming days.
In the meantime, I wish you and your family good health and strength moving forward.
LINKS TO HOME LEARNING WEBSITES
REAL SCIENCE, REAL STORIES, AND REAL DATA TO ENGAGE STUDENTS IN EXPLORING THE LIVING WORLD
YOUR STORIES AND THE STORIES OF THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU ARE VALUABLE AND UNIQUE.
IF SO - YOU SHOULD RECEIVE AN EMAIL ADVISING YOU OF THE LINK AND PASSWORD THAT YOU NEED TO ACCESS GOOGLE CLASSROOM FROM THAT TEACHER.
DO THE FIVE - HELP STOP THE VIRUS
2. ELBOW - Cough into it
3. FACE - Don't touch it
4. FEET - Stay more than 3 feet apart
5. FEEL - Sick? Stay home