Oak Grove News
Weekly Update ~ September 26, 2016
Big Announcement Coming Wednesday!
School Board Member Election
Completed petition packets must be turned in to the County Clerk's office from December 12 through December 19th. Packets can NOT be turned in at Oak Grove School. Election Day is April 4th, 2017.
Please contact Kelly Pickard at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
No Oak Grove News Next Week
Hello Oak Grove Community,
We have launched into an exciting 2016-2017 school year. During this week’s Curriculum Corner, we wanted to share some upcoming reminders.
K-5 Parent Information Night: Standards Based Grading, October 5th
- We invite you to join us on Wednesday, October 5th, from 7:00-8:00 pm in the Pat Patt Gym, to learn more about Standards Based Grading
Fall Advisory Council Reminder: Parent Inquiry Form, due October 3rd
- As part of our formal Talented And Gifted (TAG) placement procedures, we will be holding our fall session of Advisory Council. During the fall Advisory Council meeting, the committee will review placement appeals. Parents have the right to request an additional review of student placement into Oak Grove’s formal TAG program, through a placement appeal, which would be reviewed by the Advisory Council.
- Parents requesting participation in the appeal process are required to complete the Parent Inquiry Form beginning on page 22 of the TAG Handbook. The Parent Inquiry Form must be completed and emailed to Michelle Jackson at email@example.com no later than October 3rd for consideration at the fall Advisory Council meeting. Parents will be notified via email regarding the final committee decisions.
Parent needed to join TAG Committee: Submit interest, by Friday, September 30th
- Oak Grove’s TAG Committee is looking for an additional parent representative. We are in need of a parent of an elementary student (grades 3-5), currently not in TAG.
- Please, email your interest and information to Michelle Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information should include your name, grade of student(s), and any unique background, experience, or perspective you would bring to the committee. All applicants will be reviewed prior to establishing the committee. Applications are due no later than 4 pm on Friday, September 30th. Our first meeting will take place in November.
The 2016 Jr. High Book Fair will run from October 3 through October 6 and is quickly approaching! There will be many great books for sale and proceeds go toward programs supported by the PTO. Please see the schedule in the Virtual Backpack to know what day your student attends. We are also open for teachers and parents.
Book Fair Hours
Monday - 8:00-4:00
Tuesday - 8:30-4:00
Wednesday - 8:00-3:30
Thursday - 8:00-3:00
Cash and credit cards accepted.
Heinen's Teaming up for Education
Heinen's Grocery will donate up to 1% of qualifying purchases from Oak Grove participants. It's easy to participate. Just sign up for their preferred card and enroll in their Tasteful Rewards program. This can be done in store or online at heinens.com. You then select Oak Grove School PTO as a school for donation. Then make sure you use your rewards card every time you shop. Please note, you need to re-select the school every year, so make sure the next time you are in, go to the customer service counter and reselect Oak Grove. Last year we had 35 households sign up.
Spiritwear will be arriving around Friday, October 14th. It will be delivered to your child's classroom as soon as it comes in.
Box Tops App
More ways to get money from box tops!! You can download the box top app on your phone and earn even more rewards from Box Tops. These points wouldn't count towards classroom totals, but will earn extra money for the PTO. See the link below for more information
Save the Date
Saturday, December 3rd at 9am - Mall in the Hall, Eagle Extravaganza, & Pancake breakfast. More details to follow at a later date.
Reminder- Kiddo's Catering
Don't forget to order your lunches. Orders are due by Monday at 11am for the following week. Ordering can be done online at www.kiddoscatering.com. If you have any concerns about lunches, please contact Kiddo's at email@example.com
Oak Grove School Education Foundation
Join the Oak Grove Community for Culver’s Night on October 4th – Between 5 PM & 8 PM
Take a break from the kitchen and the bring the family to Culver’s for dinner on October 4th. A percentage of the proceeds from ALL sales during this timeframe will benefit the Oak Grove School Education Foundation at no additional cost to you. You will probably recognize some of the faces delivering your food! It will be a fun and worthwhile community event!
For more specific information and pictures of your child's class, please log onto ClassDOJO.com. Students love to see how many views their posts get and they look for their names to see if you've checked! Thank you for all of your support!
I think I can, I know I can, I'll try it, I did it! Now that's self-talk!
Mrs. Brown's class has earned their reward for earning 25 HOORAY certificates during specials and in the class! A backpack with their peers signatures to celebrate great focus, excellent listening, following directions, self-talk, and being assertive!
Congratulations Mrs. Brown's 1st graders!