Mrs. Ross' Weekly Shout Out!
Weeks 2/1-2/5 & 2/8-2/12
Highlights from Last Week:
- Closed circuit
- Open circuit
- Conductor and insulators of electrical current
* Birthday celebration for a classmate
* Participated in a "fish bowl" professional development activity for a group of VPS teachers (myself included) on Number Talks.
- helps children learn fluency and flexibility with problem solving strategies
- Fish bowl: a lead teacher facilitates the instruction of children while the teachers observe from outside the group
- Lead teacher is a professional developer from the University of Rochester
Upcoming Events & In Gratitiude
* Aesop's Fables Performance
* Valentine's Day Party...please make sure to
- send in your child's Valentine's for their friends by Friday
- wear red on Friday
- if you are doing a craft for the party, please be at school at 12:00 noon
* In Gratitude
- for sharing your kiddos with me...they're BRILLIANT (thank you JA for this weeks adjective!)
- for the families being to generous with the classroom needs and helping restock the Victor Farmington Food Cupboard....THANK YOU!
- for working collaboratively with my students, their families, and my colleagues