Cedar River Academy Updates
Information for families and friends to help stay connected.
- If you are interested in your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade child being a part of a University of Iowa reading study, please check out this link and contact the University. Families are compensated and information about your child's reading will be communicated https://growingwords.lab.uiowa.edu/
- Hillside Wesleyan Church Drive Thru Meal Pick up 11/25 4 pm 2600 1st Ave NW
Toys for Tots and Food from the Salvation Army
Donations are collected and distributed to low income families. The toys, gifts, games, and more are usually passed out in December. Sign up online at TotsForTots.org or call (319) 364-9131 from November 9-30th.
Food Assistance Only From the Salvation Army
During the holiday season, The Salvation Army provides holiday food boxes which include meat for needy families. Call (319) 364-9131 or sign up at SAcedarrapids.org from November 9-30th.
Jane Boyd Community House
Contact Hailey at (319) 366-0431
Free clothes may be given year round, including at Christmas. There may also be small gadgets or toys.
Holiday food boxes are available for pickup December 20th, but families MUST call 2-1-1 or 319-398-5372 and sign up.
- Parent Conferences will be held in November and December. Conferences will be held via Google Meets. Your child's teacher will be arranging a time for the conferences. Please reach out to your child's teacher if you need help with using Google Meets
- No Fall School Pictures
- If you shop at Hy-Vee, our school can benefit if you send in your receipts with your child. Our office collects and turns in the receipts. We earned about $600 last school year. This money goes towards recognizing student achievements such as 5th grade promotion.
- CRA can also earn cash from Casey's. If you purchase gas at Casey's, you can enter the school's office number 319-558-2477, and we can get cash rewards!
- For almost daily pictures of activities happening at CRA, please follow our school Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts. Search Cedar River Academy Magnet School.
- Please reach out to your child's teacher or the main office at 558-2477, if you have questions.
In Person Information/All instruction is virtual until November 30th
Students in K- 5 may be picked up in front of the school at 3:50. A staff member will be there to radio to the office the students needed. Please make sure to pull your car forward to the stop sign so more cars can fit into the lane. Having your child's name written on a sign is helpful for staff and makes the process quicker.
You may also use the parking spaces on 5th Ave for arrival and dismissal for black top pick ups in k-3.
- Check your email daily for notifications from school.
- If there should be a 2 hour delay on a Friday, dismissal will be at 3:50 unless otherwise specified.
- When there is a 2 hour delay, there is no breakfast served and students are let in the building at 10:40 am.
- Face shields are worn in addition to masks when teachers and students are in close contact with one another such as at small group work.
- Every Friday is an early dismissal at 2:20. This is for both on site and remote learners
- School hours 8:50-3:50 Monday through Thursday. Doors open at 8:30
- There is no car drop off in front of the school in the morning
- Please park on side streets and walk to the school arrival areas
- Students should wear masks to school.
- Only staff and students are allowed in the school
- The Stopfinder App can be downloaded to assist with location of school busses on routes in real time
Free Breakfast and Lunch Served at School for Students
If you signed up for the weekend " Food Backpack" program and you are remote learning, you may pick up your sack of food through the virtual meal pick up at CRA on Fridays from 11-1. Just tell the service staff your children's' name and you here to pick up their back pack food. Staff will check off your name. This will be every Friday until further notice.
Grab and Go Meals will continue through December 31st (or until funding runs out) from 11:00-1:00
Children under the age of 18 can participate in this free food program
Temporary Remote Learning
At this time, in person learning is scheduled to resume on November 30th.
Please call the attendance office at 558-2501 to let us know your child will be absent or leaving early.
All materials sent with students for remote learning will need to be returned when classes resume in person. Please take good care of equipment!
There is so much to know about returning to school. Below is a link to a documents with the most relevant information.
Phone Support Hours: Families can call 558-2900 for tech support. The help desk phone line will be open for calls from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Thursday. On Fridays, phone support will run from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Family Handbook/ COVID Procedures/ and Calendar
This is a link to our Family Handbook. This handbook is our traditional information. There are no COVID guidelines or procedures in this handbook.
This the link to our Student Return to School for 2020-2021
Please utilize our district's website for further COVID and Technology Resources
Link to School Calendar with Delayed Starthttp://www.cr.k12.ia.us/assets/1/6/Derecho_Impacted_Calendar__09_02_2020_(1).pdf