The SCS Wednesday News Brief
March 1, 2017
Thank you to Jolanta Grossman and Csilla Scardino for chairing the 30th annual Father Daughter Dinner Dance! The girls and their special guests had a beautiful evening together and danced the night away at the Spring Lake Golf Club!
A very special thank you to Natalie and Jerry Sherman for generously donating all of the flowers for the Father Daughter Dinner Dance!
Parish Bulletin: http://www.jppc.net/onlinebulletins/513template.pdf
- Terra Nova Assessments are quickly approaching: The Terra Nova Assessment will take place from March 6th-10th for grades 2nd through 8th. As always, it's very important to maintain your child's regular schedule and arrive to school on time and well rested.
- Reminder: Students may not be dropped off to school prior to 7:45 AM unless a previous arrangement has been made with your child's teacher (extra help, make up work, tests, etc.) Thank you for your continued cooperation.
- Please remember to get your tickets for The Taste Of SCS! St. Catharine School families, who live within a half mile of school, have agreed to open their homes and host the dinner portion which will be sponsored by a local restaurant. Thank you to the following restaurants who have graciously offered to donate the catered dinner! Some of the featured restaurants are:
Reef & Barrel
Spring Lake Catering
Spring Lake Manor
*Casual attire for the evening!
Help us build a new playground for our students and join us at the Taste of SCS Fundraiser!
Taste of SCS Spring Fundraiser March 3rd Deadline Quickly Approaching!
In order to give the host families and restaurants enough time to plan, we must have all tickets in advance - March 3rd will be the deadline to return your forms to the office and March 5th online through the school store. The PTA appreciates your continued support and commitment to SCS. If you should have any questions please contact Kerryn Shaughnessy email@example.com or 201-819-5929.
School Calendar http://www.stcatharineschool.net/scsl/Calendar/
Friday, March 3rd
- First Friday Mass 9:00 AM
Monday, March 6th-Friday March 10th
- Terra Nova Testing
Wednesday, March 15th
- 6/7/8th "Natural High" Grade Assembly
Friday, March 17th
- GREEN DAY- Student Casual Day, green and St. Patricks Day themed clothing highly enouraged.
- PTA Pizza Day
- St. Patrick's Day Prayer Service 9:00 AM
Saturday March 25th
- Taste of SCS Fundraiser
Thursday, March 30th
- PTA Pizza Day
Friday, March 31st
- School Closed
- Staff Professional Development Day
Thurs.March 2 Diocesan Tournament BJV vs St. Gabriel’s 8:15 P.M. @ St. Leo’s
Fri March 4 SLH Tournament GJV vs SLH 3:30
Fri March 4 SLH Tournament BJV vs 4:45 P.M.
Fri March 4 7th Grade Girls Tournament 4:30 P.M. @ Mt Carmel
Mon March 6 Run for the Roses BV vs 6:30 P.M.
Tues March 7 Run for the Roses GV vs 7:45 P.M.
Sat. March 11 All Stars Game GV 2:15 @ Mt Carmel Alexis Nerenberg/Maureen Stapleton
March 11 All Stars Game BV 3:15 @ Mt Carmel Ryan Cremen/Shayne Leddy/Ryan Mabrey/Geoffrey Schroeder
Spring Sports starts March 1. Baseball/
Mon March 6 GJV Softball Tryouts- 2:30-4:00 SCS Schoolyard
Mon March 6 BJV Baseball Tryouts 4:00-5:30 SCS Schoolyard
Tues March 7 GJV Softball Tryouts 2:30-3:45 SCS Schoolyard
Tues March 7 BV Baseball Tryouts 3:00-4:30 SLH Field
Wed. March 8 GJV Softball Tryouts 2:30-4:00 SCS Schoolyard
Wed. March 8 BJV Baseball Tryouts 4:00-5:30 SCS Schoolyard
Thurs March 9 BV Baseball Tryouts 3:00-4:30 SLH Schoolyard
Mon March 13 GV Softball Practice
Mon March 13 BV Baseball Practice