Welcome to English 11!
I'm Mrs. Maselko, your English teacher for this school year, and I'm super exited!
This year, you all will:
- Focus on the literary movements that comprise American literature
- Trace the chronology of national literature from the early American and colonial period through the periods of Realism and Regionalism.
- Gain a thorough understanding of fiction, including short stories, poetry and drama; as well as nonfiction genres, including the oral tradition, seminal historical documents, autobiographies and speeches.
- Read Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee’s play The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail or Arthur Miller’s play The Crucible to be read instead of The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail.
- Understand drama in its historical and literary context.
- Trace the chronology of national literature from the Modernist through the Contemporary period.
- Read F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel The Great Gatsby. Ernest Hemingway’s novella The Old Manand the Sea may be read instead of The Great Gatsby.
- Understand longer works of literature in their historical and literary context.
Office Number: 484-380-5302
In the office schedule: (If I'm not in the office, I'm working from home,and yes, still call me)
Oct 31-Nov 4
Jan 30-Feb 3