Southside Elementary News
Week of 2/14/2022
From Mrs. Morrow and Mrs. Fureigh
We are looking forward to a wonderful week at Southside!
Valentine's Parties - Visitors
Unfortunately, we will not host visitors during our upcoming Valentine's Day class activities due to the current surge in Covid cases. Thanks for your understanding as Covid challenges require that we continue to monitor and adjust to remain open for onsite instruction.
Student Handbook Guidelines for Valentine's Day Deliveries
The following guidelines are noted on page 16 of the Student Handbook under Classroom Disruptions:
Cabot Schools place a high priority on classroom instruction time. Every effort is made to eliminate unnecessary and unscheduled disruptions.
- Refrain from sending flowers to school. If flowers are sent, the student will be notified but the flowers will be kept in the office until the end of the day, when the student may come by the office to pick them up. Flowers in glass vases will not be sent on the bus;
- Do not send Balloons; they will not be accepted for delivery to students.
REMINDER - NO SCHOOL on Monday, February 21st!
LUNCH MENU CHANGE - New HVAC being installed in cafeteria!
Mondays - Nacho Kit
Tuesdays - Pizza
Wednesdays - Pull aparts
Thursdays - Turkey and Cheese Croissant with Chips
Fridays - Pizza
Sides - Carrots, Icee, assorted Fruit
Drinks - Milk or water
Please click this button to view winter items on sale from our Panther Spirit Store!
Lexia Levels by Grade Chart
SPRING PICTURE DAY
School Name: Southside Elementary School
Picture Day Date: Thursday, March 3
Picture Day ID: EVTSZXTVG
Southside Winter Concert information ~ from Mrs. Clark
If your child has a change in transportation at any time, please notify the office. Please do not only let your child's teacher know about this change. The office communicates and keeps track of these changes, so it is very important that they are aware. Thank you for your help with this!
Link to COVID Info - FAQs
- Cabot Public Schools has taken measures to ensure that district issued Chromebooks are safe to use.
- The Chromebooks you received from the district are controlled by the Cabot Public Schools network.
- Once a student logs into the device, the district can track how it is being used, where it is located, and control what is being downloaded.
- GoGuardian has been installed on each Chromebook. This application restricts access to things on the internet that are inappropriate. Students will only be able to install approved software on their Chromebook. However, no filter will catch everything.
- Please continue to monitor your child's use with a Chromebook.
Monthly Birthday Celebration
Our day of celebration for February birthdays/Valentine's Party will be held on:
Monday, February 14th
We will not be celebrating with treats on any other day of the month. We have very strict guidelines that allot only a certain amount of days to be able to have treats throughout the year. If you choose to send treats, please reach out to your child's teacher to discuss types of snacks to bring. Please drop treats off in the office and someone will take them down to the classroom. Parents will not be able to celebrate in the classroom. Thank you for your cooperation!
Important Upcoming Dates:
14: Valentine's Day Party/Class Birthday Celebration
18: PAW Pride - Kindness
21: No School
24: Southside Winter Concert - all grades - 1st Baptist Church - 6:00 pm
25: PAW Pride - Kindness
3: Spring Picture Day!
15: Parent/Teacher Conferences
17: Parent/Teacher Conferences
18: No school!
21-25: SPRING BREAK - no school!