Friday Notes for LMS Staff
You guys are amazing!
Binder check for Wednesday, April 11 Explo 1,5,7
Monday, April 9: No school
Wednesday, April 11: Department Meetings, as needed
No Work it Wednesday due to testing
ELL Training Video
State Testing Information
The Office of Assessments is pleased to provide revised Test & Items Specifications for all Grades 3-8 ELA/Math/Science assessments, included in the revisions are additional sample test items for all Grades 3-8 assessments.
Testing Days and locations for the first week:
We have reworked the testing schedule to reduce our testing days and need for monitors. Here is the information I sent to parents:
Oklahoma allows for a window to test for all upcoming state-mandated exams. We will continue to update our testing plan as we know more concerning when we will return back to school. The current testing window is open until the end of April. The following link will take you to the student-parent guide that we sent home earlier in the month. It has practice questions that would be good for students to work through. http://sde.ok.gov/sde/assessment-material
Here are some helpful hints for testing.
- Please have student laptops fully charged for testing. We are testing using the Macbooks this year. All students should plan on bringing their charger with them.
- Cell phones will be stored in the vault this year. If your student would prefer not to store their phones, please do not bring the day of testing. No student is allowed to have a phone during the testing session.
- Please send a snack for your child when they test.
- Please make sure that your child has breakfast or can eat breakfast at school.
- Laptops will stay in classrooms in between testing sessions to help keep them charged for the afternoon session if needed.
- Once we return to school, we will send out the exact dates of testing. We will not test the day we return.
Day 1 Testing: 8th-grade Writing - AM ONLY
Day 2 Testing: 8th-grade reading & 7th-grade reading, 9:00 am
Day 3 Testing: 8th-grade math & 6th-grade reading, 9:00 am
Day 4 Testing: 7th-grade math, 9:00 am
Day 5 Testing: 8th-grade science & 6th-grade math, 9:00 am
Following days for make-ups and small groups
Please note that all teachers will test on the dates above except for the core teachers of the non-testing grade level.
iTech Summer Conference Proposals
Your help is needed with the iTech Summer Conference that will take place on Monday and Tuesday, June 4 & 5, 2018 on the NHS campus.
We are looking for presenters. Please encourage educators who you see using technology in innovative ways (or you) to submit proposals by forwarding those educators the information below:
Consider submitting a proposal to present at the iTech Summer Conference that will take place on Monday and Tuesday, June 4 & 5, 2018 on the NHS campus.
This conference will focus on best practice in instructional technology. Areas of emphasis will include:
- Personalized Learning
- Guided Inquiry
- Blended Learning
- Google Products
- Teaching in the 1:1 Classroom
- Teaching with More Devices in the Elementary Classroom
- And other area
Sessions may be presented individually or with co-presenters. Sessions can be 1 hour 15 minutes, 2 hours and 30 minutes, or 5 hours in length.
Proposals are due by March 16, 2018. These proposal form can be found here. Presenters will be notified by April 12th.
Please let me know if you have questions.