October 28 - November 1, 2019
RED Ribbon Week
Picture day coming soon
PTSA Events and Information
2. Friday￼, November 1, 5-7:00 PM: Fall dance in the gym. Cost is two dollars per student with concessions available to purchase. Students must have citizenship in order to attend. This is a costume dance. Principals will be sharing costume regulations as we get closer to the date.￼. Please sign up to help with food donations.
3. We are in need of assistance filling our emergency bags. Each classroom has one to use in case we need to vacate due to an emergency. At this time we are in need of the following items:
- 40 flashlights with batteries
- 40 first aid kits
- 40 rolls of gauze
- 40 rolls of athletic tape
* if you or a business is interested in donating but would prefer to donate monetarily so items can be bought in bulk, please visit our square account to do so. Thank you!
Yearbooks on Sale Now
Order forms were given to the students last week, but they can also order online at www.inter-state.com/yearbook, with the code 44532V
cost - $14.00 until February 28, 2020. After that they will be $15.00
Cash or Checks accepted. Checks made to Washington Middle School
7th and 8th Girl's Basketball Game vs Plaza Park
Monday, Oct. 28th, 4:30-6:30pm
1801 Washington Avenue
7th and 8th Girl's Basketball Game @ Plaza Park
Monday, Oct. 21st, 4:30-6:30pm
7301 Lincoln Avenue
6th Grade Girl's Basketball Game vs Cedar Hall
Monday, Oct. 21st, 5:30-6:30pm
1500 Oak Hill Road
Bullying Report Form
How is your child doing in classes?
If you have questions or concerns about grades you can contact your child's teachers, Mrs. Rachel Harrelson or Administration to set up meetings.
After School Program Schedule
WMS Expectations and Procedures Handbook
Dress Code Reminders
Cool Weather Items
Type: hoodless sweaters or hoodless sweatshirts, vest, zip up fleece, softshell or cardigan worn with a collared button down or polo shirt underneath
Colors: any solid color
Logo: small manufacturers logos are acceptable; school logos are permitted
The following is unacceptable at WMS and will not be allowed:
· Unnatural hair colors (bright red, burgundy, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink or purple).
· Body piercings, excluding ears. Earrings that pose a safety hazard or that are disruptive in nature
· Visible tattoos
· Skinny style pants, stretch pants or tight fitting clothing
· Hats or head coverings inside the school
· Cell Phones, large purses, gym bags, backpacks, backpack style purses, and drawstring bags must be kept in students’ lockers from 7:30am to 2:30pm.