Sibley East Elementary - April 25-29, 2022
SAVE THE DATE: Title I Family Night
- Who: Title I Students and Their Families
- When: Tuesday, May 3, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- Where: Sibley East Elementary Commons
- Details: Join us for an evening of food, fun, and activities!
Invitations will be sent home with our students receiving Title I services. Families will need to RSVP for the event so we can ensure we have enough materials and food.
MCA Math Testing Begins on Monday!
- Get a good night's sleep
- Arrive on time
- Eat breakfast
- Dress comfortably
- Think positive thoughts
- Take your time
- Double check your answers
- Do your best!
6th Grade Band
Dear 5th Grade Parents & Students:
I am in the process of meeting with Mr. Thompson’s 5th Grade Music classes during the first few weeks of April to introduce myself and answer questions about the band program.
The senior high band will also be putting on a fun concert for the elementary students on May 6th. Students will have the opportunity to hear and learn about the band program from the senior high students.
Students will be taking a tour of the Middle/High School building in May, and at that time, they will be given the option to sign up for band or choir, or both. If they choose band, I need to know what instrument they plan to play via email by Friday, May 20th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your choices are Flute, Clarinet, Alto Sax, Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Baritone, Tuba, Percussion (if you have two years of private piano lessons).
Options for obtaining an instrument:
1. Music Mart Lease To Own Program - visit website www.themusicmart.biz to learn more about this program. Orders for instruments and supplies will be done online this year.
- We will have our virtual instrument display with Jeremy from The Music Mart via Google Meet on Friday, May 13th at 6:00PM. I will send the link via email to parents. Jeremy will explain the lease to own program and help you order supplies at this meeting.
2. You already have an instrument from a family member, relative or friend that you want to use. Great! I just ask that we send those instruments in to The Music Mart or other reputable instrument repair store to get evaluated. Often times if the instrument has sat un-played for a period of time, it needs some work to get it into good playing condition.
3. Buy an instrument outright. This is an option that some choose. If you are considering this, please email me with the information on the instrument you are considering. We want to make sure it’s going to be an instrument that is from a reputable manufacturer. Sometimes instruments purchased online look like a great deal, but they aren’t ones of good quality.
4. Use a school instrument. I have some school instruments available to rent for a yearly fee, but availability is limited, and you may not be able to get your first choice.
We will be using Essential Elements Book 1 for the lesson book and for full group band. That book, and a music stand for at home practice will also need to be purchased along with reeds for woodwind players.
I anticipate summer lessons being scheduled for 4 Weeks:
- July 5-8 and July 11th
- Week of July 25th
- Week of August 1st
- Week of August 8th
These lessons will take place in person in the high school band room. Each student will have a weekly 30 minute lesson. Parents are invited too. Once I have the band roster established, I will create and send the schedule out to everyone.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com or call at 507-964-8265.
SE Band Director
Save the Date: 5th Grade Graduation
- Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
- Time: 1:30 p.m.
- Location: Elementary Gym
Stay tuned for additional information in future editions of the Wolverine Weekly!
Math Masters Competition
Both teams placed 2nd overall in their respective grade level divisions! Several Sibley East students also won awards in the individual round of competition--those award recipients will be published in next week's Wolverine Weekly. Congratulations to all of our young mathematicians!
School Spirit Vending Machine
Beginning on Tuesday, April 19th, there will be a school spirit vending machine in the commons area. Students will have a variety of stickers to choose from--including some designed especially for Sibley East! The cost per sticker is $0.50 (quarters ONLY!). Funds raised will go towards our school store.
Hours of operation = Before school, after school, or with teacher permission!