December 3, 2019
Employees of the Month
Employee of the Month Kathryn McGee
Employee of the Month Michele Madsen
Calling All Juniors Seeking Paid Internships!
Are you a junior looking for career experience in a paid internship? The application site for Intern Omaha is now open through December 20, 2019. Apply at internomaha.org Intern Omaha began last year as the Youth Business Community Internship Program, giving students the opportunity to gain career experience in paid internship positions. Salaries for these internships range from $9 to $16 an hour! Interested in what this program offers? Check out the video below.
YBC Internship Program
The 2019 Personnel Report
The Board of Education received the 2019 Personnel Report last night. Highlights include:
- Certificated staff members have worked for Millard for an average of 12 years and an average of 15.4 total years in education.
- 1,307 Millard employees have a Master’s degree and 46 have Doctorates.
- Millard hosted student teachers from 14 universities.
Fall 2019 Engagement Results
The Board received the 2019 Engagement Survey Results last night. Ninety-two percent of the parents gave the district an A or a B. Ninety-three percent of the parents gave their building an A or a B.
MPS Network Now Available at the Millard Public Library
Millard Public Schools is pleased to announce that students and staff can use the MPS wireless network while at the Millard branch of the Omaha Public Library. We are excited to provide this service as a continuation of our one-to-one environment. Click here to learn more.
Welcome to Millard!
- Jordan L. Pullen – German Teacher, Millard South High School
- Brent A. Gengler – Science Teacher at Central Middle School
- Elizabeth M. Henderson – Science Teacher at Russell Middle School
- Allisyn L. Besack – Special Education Teacher
- Caitlyn R. Curnyn – English Language Arts Teacher at Millard South High School
Thank You for Your Service!
The following staff members have announced their resignation at the end of the first semester:
- Jessie M. Carrig – Literacy Interventionist Teacher at Sandoz Elementary School
- Kimberly Harpole-Hutchison – German Teacher at Millard South High School
- Tonya M. Schield – Science Teacher at Russell Middle School
The following staff members have announced their retirement at the end of the school year:
- Tami J. Ulch – First Grade Teacher at Bryan Elementary School
- Randall Derrig – Science Teacher at Millard North High School
- Kathleen A. Gates – First Grade Teacher at Abbott Elementary School
- Gwen K. Stahmer – Read Teacher at Upchurch Elementary School
- Sandra L. Segal – Sixth Grade Teacher at Russell Middle School
- Lori A. Haller – First Grade Teacher at Ackerman Elementary School
- Marilyn Opitz – Third Grade Teacher at Norris Elementary School
- Mary Lynne Nebe – First Grade Teacher at Wheeler Elementary School
- Steven Besch – Industrial Technology Teacher at Millard West High School
- Janet Smutny – First Grade Teacher at Rockwell Elementary School
- Devonye J. Mullins – MEP Facilitator for Millard Public Schools
- Lori A. Tritz – School Nurse for Millard Public Schools
- Julie Forsberg – Resource Teacher at Rockwell and Cottonwood Elementary Schools
- Martha L. Medina – Fifth Grade Teacher at Rockwell Elementary School
- Carol Charvat – Special Education Resource Teacher at Millard North Middle School
- Sharon K. Williamson – Special Education Resource Teacher at Russell Middle School