Wanda Gray Newsletter
Important Dates in November
5 - No School and Texas Roadhouse Night
6 - No School - Professional Learning for Staff
8 - Skate Night 6-8 p.m.
9 - All Pro Dad Breakfast
12-16 - Book Fair Week
13 - Flu Shot Clinic if you signed your child up for the shot
15 - 2nd grade program @ 7:00 p.m.
16 - Celebration Assembly for 3-4
21-23 - No School - Happy Thanksgiving!
27 - Picture Retake Day
Mrs. Carder Notes
Car line is going overall well! Thank you for pulling as far forward as you can during car line and if you choose to walk up - WAIT for the car line to stop naturally before crossing. This is usually the part the slows up the car line. The car line is generally over by 3:50 - please be here by that time.
Thank you very much to those that support the PTA fundraiser this year. Teachers wrote grant ideas to have funded for their classrooms using these funds. It has been so exciting to see new items arriving for the classrooms. There are so many resources for classrooms, but many times teachers can't afford to use their own funds to purchase these items and the school budget is slim - this has been a great way to honor innovation and creative ideas by our teachers to benefit our students. THANK YOU PTA and our generous community!
- Maintaining 96% attendance rate!
- Made the fundraiser goal of $12,000 to fund teacher grant requests!
- Intentional instructional use of time to meet the diverse needs of students with the workshop model - amazing teachers!
- Book clubs after school and chat n chew times during lunch for our students to enjoy literacy - thank you Mrs. Burns!
- 140 students had perfect attendance during 1st quarter!
- Great PTA Fall Family event! We had over 300 in attendance. Thank you PTA!
- Professional learning of staff on trauma informed practices and differentiation instruction during math.
- Hundreds of kindness tickets earned by our students!
- Near 100% participation during parent-teacher conferences!
Teacher and Staff of the Month
Congratulations to Mrs. Burns for being staff member of the month. She works extremely hard to collaborate with teachers to enrich curriculum. Mrs. Burns also helps children find books to build their love of reading. Mrs. Burns serves the Gray staff, students, families, and our school district in a meaningful way.!