OHS Library Newsletter
Visit us on the web at www.oceansidereads.org
Good news! The library is now open after school. Our hours are 7:15am to 4:00pm.
Sora Sweet Reads
Sora Sweet Reads is designed for schools in the United States to encourage students to keep reading all year long. They're offering a collection of free and simultaneous young adult ebooks (and select audiobooks). These titles will be available to check out for almost 6 weeks STARTING NOW! The titles are prominently displayed in Sora so it’s easy for you to find your next sweet read.
And if you read them all, you can always check out more books from our school library or the public library without ever leaving Sora. FREE, FREE, FREE! See the selections below.
How Can You Participate in Get Caught Reading Month?
GET CAUGHT READING MONTH
There is no better challenge than Get Caught Reading Month in May. All month long, wherever you go, the campaign challenges every one of all ages to get caught reading!
Here are some great tips to be prepared to read all month long.
- Tuck magazines into your bag. Anytime you have some free time you will have something to read.
- Place books for all ages in the car for traveling. Everyone will have something to read. Older children can read to those who haven’t mastered the skill.
- Unplug for the month. Then stop by the library and pick out the latest bestseller or classic on your reading list.
- Charge up the digital reader’s battery and load it up. Many classics have been made available for a small fee or no cost. Sora is waiting for you!
- Find a snug spot and create a routine that carries on throughout the year.
- Include a book in every room in the house.
- Reading during stressful times is a great way to distract the mind away from worries and to refocus.
- Read outdoors in a park after a walk. Beautiful weather is upon us!
We Regret To Inform You
Mischa Abramavicius is a walking, talking, top-scoring, perfectly well-rounded college application in human form. So when she's rejected not only by the Ivies, but her loathsome safety school, she is shocked and devastated.
Vincent and Theo: The Van Gogh Brothers by Deborah Heiligman
The deep and enduring friendship between Vincent and Theo Van Gogh shaped both brothers' lives. Confidant, champion, sympathizer, friend, Theo supported Vincent as he struggled to find his path in life. They shared everything, swapping stories of lovers and friends, successes and disappointments, dreams and ambitions.
When Light Left Us by Leah Thomas
When the Vasquez siblings’ father left, it seemed nothing could remedy the absence in their lives . . . until a shimmering figure named Luz appeared in the canyon behind their house.