The Patriot Premier
The Weekly Update for NPHS families, Apr 27 - May 1, 2020
It's hard to believe that in 3 weeks the 2019 - 2020 school year will officially be in the history books (and I am certain we will remember this year for a long time to come). Teachers are still delivering remote instruction each week, click here to connect.
When "life gives you lemons, making lemonade" is a good strategy. I hope you and your family are making the best of a less-than-ideal situation. Hope IS on the horizon: with the warmer weather and the slow relaxing of our health mandates, we will once again be able to eat in restaurants and go to the barber this week (something I am in desperate need of).
School-wise, there are end-of-the-year requirements that students and parents need to be aware of...read below for these.
In the meantime, hang in there and enjoy the warmer weather.
• End-of-the-Year Locker Pick Up Form here. Students, if you still have things in your locker, you have until the end of this week to sign up to come to the school to get your things. Tuesdays and Thursdays are being dedicated as pick up days.
• Textbook/Chromebook/Library books return process: Students, if you have any of these school items in your possession, you need to return them to the school by May 15th. After this date, fees will be assessed to your PowerSchool account (textbooks left in school lockers have already been collected and scanned back into our school). Sign up here to begin returning your school items this week.
• School Fees: Click here and follow the directions to pay any school fees you may have.
• Yearbook Distribution: If you purchased a yearbook and are a senior, you may pick up your yearbook in Oehring Auditorium when you come to the auditorium this week to be filmed for graduation (a sign-up form was sent to you for this Friday, April 24th). All other students will be able to pick up their yearbook at the bus doors of NPHS from 10 am – 3 pm for two days only: May 5th and May 6th (Tuesday/Wednesday of next week). Questions? Email Ms. McFetridge at email@example.com.
• Virtual Prom: All students are invited post a picture of you in your prom attire and tag it #nphsprom2020 or email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org this week. We'll are putting together a Prom 2020 collage and share it on our NPHS FB page! If you aren't able to don prom attire just send us an appropriate selfie. Thanks
• Senior Graduation is being safely and individually filmed this week and will air as a pre-recorded ceremony on Channel 11, Thursday, May 14th, at 7 pm.
This Week: April 27th - May 1st
Pictures From Last Week [Click the Picture to Enlarge]
Safety Assistant, Charles Ashlock, works to safely prepare student personal locker items for pick up on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Click here to sign up to get your stuff this week!
WDC = Warehouse Distribution Center. NPHS is ready to distribute to you!
NPHS acquired a Zamboni this year which will provide winter skating opportunities in our ice rink for future years to come!
Work is being done by Ms. Beks to acquire an espresso machine for NPHS's Cyber Café. Cross your fingers coffee lovers.
This Picture is Staged
Ms. Brown and Ms. Ward demonstrate where the filming of the NPHS graduates, Class of 2020, will take place. Filming begins this week in Oehring Auditorium.
For you science buffs, this picture taken at Creamer's Field last week represents the 3 phases of water. Can you identify them?