Filling out a 1040EZ Form
In order to fill out a 1040 EZ your W-2 form should be provided to you by your employer and attached with the form. Remember all forms for taxes are due April 15.
When filling out a 1040EZ form you first want to start off by filling out your personal info, which includes your first and last name, your street address along with the your state and city info, and you will also need your social security number to fill out the box in the top right corner. in order to fill out the rest of the forms these are the steps you will need.
- in line 1 it asked for the total wages and any compensation, you will find this total on your w-2 form in box 1
- Your taxable interest is for line 2 is found on your w-2 form under interest income.
- in order to fill out line 3 see the specific instructions if it applies if not write 0.
- On line four you write your adjusted growth income by finding the sum of lines 1 and 2.
- If you are a dependent in order to fill out line 5 you must complete the back portion you do this by following each step. First, you add 350 to your total wages. Second, step should be line c on the back which and all you do is write down the bigger number from either line a or b. On line D you write down the amount given based on if you are married or single. On line E you write down the smaller number between c and d. On line F you write down the amount given based on if you are married or single. On line G you add the total between e and f and you use that total to fill out line 5 on the front.
- To find your taxable income for line 6 you subtract line 5 form 4 unless line 5 is larger than line 4 you write 0.
- For line 7 you write down your federal income tax withheld which is found in box 2 of your W-2 form.
- On line 8 you write 0
- On line 9 you write the total amount form lines 7 and 8.
- On line 10 you use the amount form line 6 to find the number that corresponds with the number on line 6 on the tax table. When you find the corresponding number you write it on line 10.
- On line 11 you write 0
- On line 12 you add lines 10 and 11
- In order to fill out the 13th and 14th line, you need to figure out if line 12 is larger than line 9 or if line 9 is larger than 12. If line 9 is larger than 12 you subtract 12 from 9 and you this is your refund which you write on line 13. If line 12 is larger than line 9 you still subtract 9 from 12 but this becomes the amount you owe. You write the owed amount on line 14.