Johnnie R. Carr Middle School
1610 Ray Thorington Road; Montgomery, AL 36117
International Baccalaureate (IB) World Candidate School
IB Candidacy @ JCMS!
IB Learner Profile
IB Learner Profile Trait of the Month: CARING
Students who are CARING want people around them to be happy and are sensitive to their needs. CARING students think about the world and work to take care of their community and the environment. They remember to treat others how they, themselves, would like to be treated.
How can parents help at home to develop students who are CARING?
- Consistently model the caring behavior you would like to see in your students (Examples: Using kind words, helping people without being asked, being an active listener, random acts of kindness, etc.).
- Think about how your family can get involved with community organizations.
- Reduce, Reuse, & Recycle (teaches students to care about the environment, which ultimately, helps the future of the globe).
- Discuss the characteristics of people they know who exhibit caring behaviors.
- Assist others with their responsibilities.
Caring: an IB Learner Profile Attribute
We CARE about our faculty and students!
We CARE about our learning spaces!
THE LIBRARY CORNER
What's Coming Up?
Feb. 9th: Middle School Symposium
Feb. 20th: No School (President's Day)
Athletics @ JCMS!
WE CARE FOR & HONOR OUR ATHLETES!
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO ACCESS ADDITIONAL RESOURCES!
TOGETHER, WE MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!
Angela is using Smore to create beautiful newsletters