AFSCME Meeting Reminder
Howdy Ladies and Gentleman!
AFCSME Members Union meeting
Thursday, November 5, 2015
Senior Citizen Building
How to and where to pay your Union dues:
*Mail payment to:
AFSCME Council 25
1034 North Washington Ave.
Lansing, MI 48906
Ø Include NBAS-1/Local 1421 in the memo area of you check
*Credit Card – Visa, Mastercard, Discover
*Automatic withdrawal from checking or savings account
**Any questions you may call: (517) 487-5081
Michigan Paraprofessional and NCLB
As partners in the instructional process, paraprofessionals who work in programs supported with Title I funds must meet one of the following requirements:
- Complete at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (equal to 60 semester hours); or
- Obtain an associate's degree (or higher); or
- Meet a rigorous standard of quality and demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in, instructing reading, writing, and mathematics; or
- Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in, instructing reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
The Michigan State Board of Education has approved the following formal assessments by which a paraprofessional can demonstrate knowledge:
- WorkKeys® (Passing scores: Reading for Information – 4, Applied Mathematics – 4, Writing – 3).