LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
Happy Holidays for GCS Media Services
Jackie and I want to wish you a wonderful holiday break. We feel privileged to work with you and see all of the hard work you do daily to make learning fun for your students. Please make sure to take time for your friends and family this holiday season and enjoy some well deserved rest.
Jackie and Tammy
TitleWish Dates entended until December 31st.
I have heard great things regarding donations to your TitleWish accounts. Please make sure to promote your TitleWish link. Consider posting it on your facebook page as well.
This Week - December 15-19
- DUE: PROMOTE your TITLEWISH donation page. (Click here to access your link)
- PAST DUE: eBook Certification (Click link to enter training information)
- Dec. 13- Battle of the Books Facility Fee of $100 DUE
- Promote the Holiday Reading Challenge Dec. 20- Jan. 5
- Dec. 19- CIPA Due for Elementary and Middle Schools
- Dec. 20-Jan. 5: Holiday Reading Challenge
- Dec. 22-31- Winter Break
Dates to Remember
Jan. 1- Holiday
Jan. 2- District Vacation day
Jan. 5- Teacher Workday
Jan. 10- GASL Hunt Library Fieldtrip
Jan.16- All Holiday Reading Challenge Forms Due to Media Specialist
- Jan. 19- Martin Luther King Holiday
- Jan. 21- All Holiday Reading Challenge Names Due to Media Services
- Jan. 23- Teacher Workday
- Jan. 26- Teacher Workday
- Week of Jan. 26- Holiday Reading Challenge Winners Announced
- Feb. 25- Reading Challenge UNCG Game Tickets must be secured.
- Feb. 28- Holiday Reading Challenge UNCG Game against Chattanooga
BOB Facilities Fee
The schools listed on the attachment have submitted the facilities fee. If your school is participating in the BOB competition, please submit payment to Robin Gonsiewski, Accounting Eugene. Please make checks payable to Guilford County Board of Education. School checks and PTA checks are acceptable. The schools listed reflect fees accepted on or before December 12 at the close of business.
GCS Reads 20 Holiday Reading Challenge
Make sure to promote the Holiday Reading Challenge!
- Students who read a minimum of 300 minutes between Dec. 20 and Jan. 5 will be eligible to win an iPad mini or one of dozens of Barnes & Noble gift cards.
- Elementary and middle students may also win tickets to a UNCG basketball game.
- Details and a take-home calendar were shared with media specialists last week.
GASL Fieldtrip to HUNT LIBRARY
We’re goin’ on a field trip – something just us library geeks would enjoy! Idea from discussion at NCSLMA!
GASL has a tour of the NC State Hunt Library on Sat. Jan. 10 at 10:30 AM. This is the extra cool, crazy innovative new library at State. It’s truly state of the art for design and library mechanisms!
I figure we’ll meet up in G’boro around 8:30 – carpool to the library , then go out to lunch somewhere in Raleigh.
Just a nice little outing to hang out together.
If there is bad weather, we’ll just reschedule – the library already says they don’t do tours if there’s iff-y weather!
Let me know if you think you’re interested in going !
CHECK THE UPDATED Instructional Technology and Innovation Department Course Offerings
Please remember to share information about Discovery Ed and the Instructional Technology department trainings with your staff. There are wonderful resources that every grade level and department should be taking advantage of.
- Click here for a full list of the UPDATED classes and more details.
REMEMBER: Please share this information with your staff.
CLICK HERE to access their newsletter.
Do you want to present at our February PLC?
To give you an opportunity to meet some of the new requirements on the Media Specialist Evaluation, we are offering you the opportunity to present at our GCS PLC meeting.
New television show you have got to check out.- Funny take on our job title....
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.