Gregor Mendel Project
Lead scientist in genetics
Early Success and Struggles
Very smart and was a one to the top students
Got accepted into many colleges
He's family was fairly poor and couldn't afford the schools
He got in to a pretty tough school and then fail many hard test
- He used pea plants because it's easier to observe whats going on.
- He found that went he put two pea plants together, one being a yellow seed and one being a green seed, they produced only yellow seeds.
- More pea plants were green and not yellow.
- More pea plants were long instead of short.
This data means that on of the seeds traits were more dominant an the other seed it was paired with.
- While Gergor was alive he didn't receive very much recognition.
Definition: It is the most powerful thing and you can see it more than the others.
Example: Cows have a dominant black coat trait that over powered the red coat trait.
Definition: It’s like the trait that’s hidden and is less like to end up happening. But is still there.
Example: My dad has dominant brown eyes but but I got my mom’s recessive green eyes.
Definition: Isn’t either dominant or recessive.Example: A black and white cat mated and made a kitten with black and white fur.