South High Counseling Center
Contact your child's counselor!
Welcome to the 2015-2016 School Year! We are excited for our very first year of Flex Mod!
The Counseling Center is here to help students with Academic Planning, Career Planning, and Personal/Social Issues. Make sure to visit the South High Counseling Center website at www.sheboygan.k12.wi.us/south/guidance for lots of great information from the Counseling Center!
The South High Counseling Center meets with students individually, in small groups and in the classroom to work on academic planning, career planning and personal/social issues. We look forward to working with all of our students this year!
Take a look at the video below to learn more about our Vision for students at South High School!
Senior Student Information
All colleges (universities and technical colleges) request that you send a copy of your transcript to complete your application process. Here are the directions for making that request.
1. Open your Career Cruising account
a) Go to www.careercruising.com
b) Username is: SASD-[your first initial + full last name + ID number]
c) Password is: [ID number]
2. You are now on your portfolio homepage. Click on the words “My Plan” right underneath your name.
3. Click on the “My Education” tab on the left side of the page.
4. Click on “My Transcripts” toward the bottom and middle of the page (not the menu on the left).
5. Click on “Send Ad-Hoc Transcript Request”.
6. Select the State your college is in, then click on the first letter of the school. For example, click on the letter “U” if you are going to a University of Wisconsin school.
7. Click “Send Now”.
That’s it! You are all done. There is no cost for this service!
Going to School Out-Of-State?
The Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP) is a multi-state tuition reciprocity program with nine of the 12 states in the Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MHEC) participating. Find out more about the program at: http://files.ctctcdn.com/6b69196c001/ce670204-52a1-4acd-9e08-1bd0cf70d523.pdf
Please visit our school's Counseling Center Website at www.sheboygan.k12.wi.us/south/guidance.
At the "7 o'clock" position around the Redwing Logo, click on "Scholarship Wall". Here, you will see a list of current scholarships, what criteria need to be met, due dates, and where to find the applications.
Another place to look is the Sheboygan Public Education Foundation's website at www.the-e-foundation.org.
In the left column of clinks, click on "Scholarships". You can then begin going through the list of available scholarships. Note that some are for charter or North High School students. Although the applications cannot be submitted as of yet, you CAN begin work on the essay portions of these scholarships, so that you will not get overwhelmed in spring when they are due!
Lastly, we also recommend setting up a few national scholarship search engines. Consider going to tuitionfindingsources.com. Here, you will create a personal profile and receive filtered results that match your education and career goals. You will have access to over 7 million scholarships totaling more than $1 billion to help pay for college, plus information on financial aid and career assessment tools.
Also check out additional resources on our Counseling Center website, at the "5 o'clock" position, the link titled "Financial Aid and Scholarships".
CORRECTION TO SENIOR CALENDAR REGARDING FINANCIAL AID NIGHT
Please note there has been a change to the date for our Financial Aid Seminar originally scheduled for Thursday, December 3rd. Due to a scheduling conflict with our presenter, we have moved the seminar to the following Thursday, December 10th. This event will start at 6:30 pm in the South High Library. Please revise your calendars!
Consider clicking on this link to find out about more financial aid options as well as how joining the ROTC or the military will assist you with financing your future!
Did you know you can do all these things on Career Cruising??
- Take interest and skill assessments that will link you to careers that fit your strengths
- Research and save careers that interests you
- Learn about salaries, job out look, and education required for certain careers
- Research colleges and universities
- Find out what colleges and universities have the career path or Major that you are interested in
- Build your resume
- Search for scholarships
- Choose your courses for the upcoming school year and plan your 4 years of high school
- Access INSPIRE Sheboygan County where you can talk to local Career Coaches through message boards, arrange job shadows, internships, and much more!
- PARENTS! You can now access the Parent Portal of Career Cruising. Contact your student's counselor for your access code to set up your account so you can stay involved in your student's Academic and Career Planning
Junior Parent Conferences
South High Career Pathways
- Health Care
- Information Technology
Whether your child knows that he or she is interested in a career in one of these fields, or just wants to learn more, participating in our Career Pathways allows students a fantastic opportunity to engage in in-depth career exploration, earn college credit, and connect with local employers in our community. Check out the South High Career Pathway website. To sign up for Blog Announcements from updates from a specific pathway, follow these instructions.
Join the largest learning event in history! Bring your laptop, Chromebook, smartphone or other personal device and join us as we learn to code! From simple coding to advanced coding, there is fun for everyone!
This is a great opportunity for students to learn about what career options are available at Sargento! Opportunities include: Manufacturing, Sale, Human Resources, Information Tech & Youth Apprenticeship.