The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of January 26, 2015
Don't forget to post the Words of the Week!
Wednesday, Jan. 28th, 7pm
Beach Administration Building
The Curriculum Corner...Linking the Reader's & Writer's Workshops
I have been having a blast conferencing with students as they generate lists, bullets, tables of contents & put "facts on their fingers." The kiddos really seem to really be enjoying Lucy Calkin's "informational" unit and were particularly excited to learn that I had "Batman" on my "expert" list. Below I have included a nice little article about generating even more excitement for this unit by syncing up our reading routines with the writer's workshop! Enjoy...and as always, feel free to share any thoughts via social media, email or in the footer of The Buzz!
News & Notes
- PTO Updates (from the 1/15 Meeting): The PTO wanted to know what our "class trip" plans are (and so do I). Please reach out to Pattie (our new PTO Faculty Liaison) so that we can provide some details for next month's meeting.
- February is Black History Month...let's start thinking about activities & events! If there are events that we have held in the past, please let me know. I will be scheduling us for the African American Read-in towards the end of the month.
- Clarifications to our Assessment Timelines: The 1/26-2/6 assessment window is for DIBELS only. F&P & Math Benchmarks will be administered in March for our Spring Conferences.
You're the Best...Quotes from the staff!
- Thank you Aileen & Donna for being there and perfectly representing! Love you girls! S.
Thank you, Puddie for being you!
Thanks to Melanie and Nicole, Bernadette G and Mike for letting me borrow equipment for the 3rd grade dental program
Thanks to Katie and Marcy and Christine for collaboration about a student concern
Thanks to Venetia for your kind, upbeat approach to life
Andrea - thanks so much for sharing your downloads! They are great and the children are enjoying the activities
Lauren and Heather – thanks for the fun writing station. The kiddies are having a lot of fun with it
Thank you ESL Department, Teachers, and Administration for an awesome Multi-Cultural Family event last week! The parents and children really had a fun and memorable time!
A BIG thank you to Linda for sharing her magnetic dots with me!
Thank you to Marian for always being available to help with students.
Thanks to the third grade team for always sharing ideas and supporting one another.
Monday, Feb. 2nd, 8am to Friday, Feb. 27th, 11:45pm
- 01/26: DIBELS Window Opens
- 01/30: Star Student Luncheon
- 02/06: Collaboration Time; DOT Night (Gr 1); Rodgers Valentines Dance
- 02/10: Grade 2 Dental Assembly (9:00 AM, Cafeteria)
- 02/12: DOT Assembly; CPI Training
- 02/18: Parent Learning Walk