Lincoln Middle School
October 23, 2020
IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
FROM DR. MARY GORR, ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING
Enrollment forms regarding the phased-in hybrid plan for Lincoln have been emailed to families. Please determine your selection for your child’s attendance plans for November 30-March 19. The deadline to submit your enrollment form is Thursday, October 29, at 11:59 PM.
Please take a moment to read this FAQ document for Lincoln families to assist in making the best decision for your child and family. You can also click this link to view the October 15 Board of Education Meeting Presentation outlining the hybrid and full remote option for Lincoln students.
FROM MR. SUMINSKI, PRINCIPAL
What happens what a teacher is out during remote learning?
Asynchronous learning occurs when a teacher is absent from the classroom during remote learning. Teacher absences occur for a variety of reasons. Teachers may miss a full day or a portion of a day because of personal or sick time, required attendance at scheduled IEP/504 meetings, scheduled curricular planning, or professional development requirements. When a teacher is absent during a typical school year, a substitute teacher is secured and replaces the teacher as in-person instruction requires direct supervision in the classroom. During remote learning, students have access to lessons for the day through their tech devices and can utilize the class time independently to fulfill the expectations of the teacher. Asynchronous learning can include a video taped lesson from the teacher or specific assignments to be completed. Teachers email their students and parents as soon as possible to let them know of asynchronous instruction.
FROM MR. STEEN, ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
Both Lincoln staff and students have worked hard to complete a full quarter of remote teaching and learning. Quarter 1 ends today, Friday, October 23, 2020. Please be advised that report cards will not be printed and mailed via USPS. Instead, parents and guardians will need to access their child’s report card in the Parent Portal by clicking “Report Card” (last link on the left-hand side). Report cards will be available starting next Friday, October 30. Congratulations on a great start to a challenging school year.
Mrs. Moran in the front office!
DID YOU ORDER SPIRIT WEAR? IT HAS ARRIVED!
Families that opted to have their spirit wear orders shipped to Lincoln can pick up their order in the front office anytime next week (October 26 - 30) between 7am and 4pm.
Orders shipped to home addresses were shipped in the last day or so . . . check your front porch!
Mrs. Smith wants you to know . . .
Mrs. Sara Tyburski, Director Student Services
PEPS INFORMATION !
On Thursday, October 29, PEPS will be hosting a virtual presentation on the Development of IEPs and IEP binders. Click here for more information: Smore.
A reminder: please let us know if your family is facing significant challenges and may be eligible for McKinney-Vento services.
For questions, parents can email Sara Tyburski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
District 214: Important Information for 8th Grade Parents and Guardians
THE SCHOOL NURSE, Mrs. Smith RN
Face masks are required to be worn while in the school building. In order to prepare your child for wearing masks during in person learning, please talk to them about how to wear a face mask properly. Include the following information:
- Wash your hands before and after touching the mask
- Touch only the bands or ties when putting on and taking off your mask.
- Make sure the mask fits to cover your nose, mouth and chin. If you adjust the mask to cover those areas, wash your hands before and after.
- Make sure you can breathe and talk comfortably through your mask.
- Wash reusable masks after each use. If the mask is disposable, discard it when visibly soiled or damaged.
TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS, AVOID THESE COMMON MASK-WEARING MISTAKES
- Do not wear bandanas, gaiters or masks with exhalation valves as face coverings.
- Don’t touch your mask while it is being worn.
- Don’t wear the mask under your chin with your nose and mouth exposed.
- Don’t leave your nose or mouth uncovered.
- Don’t remove the mask while around others in public.
- Don’t share your mask with family members or friends.
For more information on wearing face masks, go to: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-to-wear-cloth-face-coverings.html--
FROM YOUR SCHOOL NURSE, MRS. SMITH: ATTENTION! PARENTS OF 6TH GRADERS and NEW STUDENTS !
- All incoming 6th grade and new students must submit a completed school physical and immunization record to the health office prior to in person learning.
- Dental forms are also required but they are not required for in person learning.
- Physical exams after August 24, 2019 and dental examinations done after 11/15/19 fulfill the requirement.
- Once In-Person learning resumes, if the required paperwork has not been received, your child will be excluded from school.
- Paperwork can either be emailed to the school nurse (email@example.com) or dropped off at Lincoln Middle School (collection bin located in the foyer/front of building from 7am-3pm) or faxed to (847) 394-7358.
- Please make sure to complete the health history section at the top of the form, sign and date--this section is completed by parent.
- Medical forms can be found at this link.
QUEST . . . District 57's Hot Lunch Provider
The entire district will have the capability to order lunch and a la carte items off of a new ordering platform.
• Please create an account with My Meal Order. Instructions are linked below. This will allow you to select the daily meals and/or a la carte options.
• Meal orders must be submitted by Thursday at midnight for the next week.
• You will be required to create an account and transactions will happen at the point of order.
• It is highly recommended that the “low balance” notification is set up for your My Meal order account to ensure continuous food service. Insufficient funds will result in delayed ordering and may result in your order for the next week not being processed.