St. Patrick Catholic School
Weekly Bulletin - December 13, 2019
3rd WEEK of ADVENT
Advent is a four-week period that marks the beginning of the Christmas season. It is a time of spiritual preparation before the celebration of the birth of Christ. The period of Advent involves reflection about what it meant for the world before Christ came and preparing the church and hearts for the true meaning of Christmas. Our Advent assemblies (led by Gr. 4 leadership) will start Monday, December 2nd in period 1.
During this last week, we will gather as a school in the gym on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for prayer/reflection. Our Parents are always welcome to join us.
Our theme this year is the Christmas story from different gospels.
FACE to FACE MINISTRIES-St. Pat's Retreat
We will learn about how God has a purpose and a plan for each of us that far surpass anything we could ever imagine for ourselves and how to use the time God has given us "on purpose." We will consider the different ways we use our time (ex: video games, sports, friends, etc) and challenge the youth to a healthy balance by offering the truth that these joy's in our life are a gift from God.
Our students and staff had a ton of fun! A special thank-you to the REAL Foundation for subsidizing this presentation.
ECS/PRE-K CHRISTMAS CONCERTS!
CHRISTMAS CONCERT-ECS (M/W) & PRE-K (AM)
CHRISTMAS CONCERT-ECS (T/TH) & PRE-K (PM)
MILK ORDER (Q3) - DUE MONDAY (DEC 16)
Order and payment deadlines:
- Q3 is due December 16 (Runs January 8 - March 20)
- Q4 is due March 16 (Runs April 1 - May 29)
If you have any questions regarding this online form, please contact the school office at 780-672-2177.
GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR CHRISTMAS!
GRADES 1-4 CHRISTMAS CONCERT INFORMATION
TICKETS ARE NOW LIMITED..... on a first come, first serve basis at the Lougheed Center
COST: $7 each
PLEASE NOTE: The J & P Lougheed staff have requested that no flash photography be used during the performances. This will limit distraction to performers and audience members.
- Dec 16 - Gr 1-4 Christmas Concert (see schedule)
- Dec 16 - Q3 Milk Orders Due
- Dec 17 - Gr 1-4 Christmas Concert (see schedule)
- Dec 19 - Spin the Wheel/PJ Day
- Dec 20 - School Closure - No School
- Dec 20 -Jan 5 - Christmas Break
- Jan 6 - Welcome back to School!
- Jan 9 - Early Dismissal @ 2:05 pm
SCHOOL COUNCIL CHRISTMAS COOKIE ACTIVITY
TIS THE SEASON FOR HEAD LICE!
- Avoid head-to-head contact with friends when playing at school.
- Don't share clothing such as hats, scarves, coats or hair ribbons.
- Say no to sharing combs, brushes or any other hair products.
Click MyHealth.Alberta.ca for more information on Head Lice and How to Treat it.
WELLNESS MINUTE-WINTER WEATHER TIPS
SCHOOL SAFETY INFORMATION
- Please be aware of the crosswalks in front of our school as our Grade 4 Safety Patrollers are now on duty! **Be safe and use the designated crosswalks**
- Please stay clear of the bus lanes at the beginning and end of the school day
- Families/Students using 54th ave (North Side of School Yard) as a pick up/drop-off location, please use extreme caution. There are no crosswalks and it is a very busy street with heavy traffic
FIRST COMMUNION CLASSES
ADVENT PENITENTIAL CELEBRATION
WHERE: St. Francis Xavier Parish
CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR'S MASS SCHEDULE 2019
COMMUNITY HEALTH MONTHLY BULLETIN
COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS MEALS
Community Christmas Meal
The Church of God is putting on a free community Christmas meal on Saturday Dec. 21st from 5:00
- 7:00 p.m. Everyone Welcome!
Christmas Dinner @ Camrose Legion
Marilyn and Jeanne are hosting a free Christmas Dinner on December 25th from 4:00
p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at the Camrose Legion (6002 - 50 Ave.) This is for you if you are alone, or
your kids & family are far away, or if you are not up to preparing a Christmas meal ... widowers, widows, couples, kids ... tell your neighbour! You are all welcome. R.S.V.P. is required by December 15th by calling 780-672-3325.
Norsemen Inn Christmas Day Promotion
The Norsemen Inn will once again be offering a free Christmas Dinner to those who otherwise may not be able to enjoy a traditional dinner on this special day.
Please call Chris at the Norsemen Inn at 780-672-9171 to request tickets.
HOW TO REPORT AN ABSENCE
- Call 1-877-246-9970 - option 3
- Use the SchoolMessenger App
- Use the "SchoolMessenger" link in the EICS App (this requires the SchoolMessenger app to be installed on a phone)
- Use https://go.schoolmessenger.ca