December 7 - December 11, 2015
Polar Express Videos and Compliance
As the final weeks before the Winter Break draws near, let us celebrate with intentional purpose. There have been some questions as to whether or not videos can be shown for the week prior to Winter Break. Let's refresh our understanding our copyright by reading the AR EFA (R1) below:
All district purchased materials and curriculum referenced resources are standards aligned and appropriate for use in the classroom. All other materials must be approved by the principal, prior to use in the classroom. Please follow the guidelines below:
Audio-visual materials (AV) are regulated by strenuous copyright laws by which all school districts must abide. Legal penalties for violations of copyright can be severe; therefore, the procedures that appear below must be followed carefully by each entity in the district.
MEASURES FOR COMPLIANCE WITH COPYRIGHT LAW:
Tapes/DVDs, and any other digital content material should conform to copyright law as follows:
* Clips can be no longer than 12 minutes in length. Polar Express will not be allowed.
* AV materials must be used in face-to-face instruction in a classroom setting.
* No AV materials in any format shall be used for reward, entertainment, or motivation purposes during schools hours.
o Entertainment situations include but are not limited to recess, on-site testing days, or reward incentives.
* AV materials may be used for entertainment or incentives outside school hours only when the principal or designee gives permission by certifying that the school has purchased the public performance rights to show the DVD. The PTA purchases the license for our school.
* All AV materials must be shown through district purchased and maintained equipment.
- Planning in gradel level room this week: CIP and Assessments
- Don't forget to sign up for the Santa Shop (list in the teacher mail room)
- You have $2 per student to spend for parties (Holiday, Valentines or End of the Year)
- January 4: Professional Day (Root Cause Analysis with our PSP - 8:30 -11:30) and Curriculum Work in the afternoon
Dates to Remember:
- December 7 -11: PTA Holiday Shop in Room 308
- December 7: Letterland Visits
- December 8: Critter Man (PTA Show 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.)
- December 10: Instructional Rounds Walkthrough @ NRES with KMS
- December 10: Mooyah Night
- December 16: Kelly Leach on Campus
- December 16: Santa USA
- December 16: Resource Teachers Guiding Reading/Toolkit Training @ NRES
- December 17: Fossil Hill Band @ NRES (8:30 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.)
- December 17: Fossil Hill Choir @ NRES (1:45 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
- December 17: NRES Staff Meeting
- December 18: Early Release Day
NRES MEETING CALENDAR
Faculty and Staff Shout-Outs!
COMMENT: We LOVE Ms. Jackson!!! She has made our transition to Texas as a military family, a lot easier! Audrey loves her! We all think she is fantastic!
COMMENT: Thank you, Ms. Rodgers, for investing your time and professional expertise into our son. (Ms. Rodgers deserves Teacher of the Year for all she has done.) Please keep challenging students, because it's paying off.
COMMENT: I want to do a shout out to the front office staff. They are awesome!
COMMENT: Thank you Mrs. Hernandez for being an awesome, patient, and loving teacher! Thank you for making adjustments so my son can enjoy his first full day school year! You are awesome!!
COMMENT: Thank you Kristina for having our holiday countdown and planning the sock exchange. It will be so nice to get together with everyone before the holidays.
Guidance Services are available for any student throughout the year. Please use the link below to complete the form. Services may include:
- General Social Skills
- Learning Issues Impacted by Non-Related School Factors
- Classroom Academic Concerns leading to Misbehavior
- Emotional Issues
- Behavior RTI Process
- Students who have difficulty "fitting" in.
- Homeless students
NRES WEEKLY ATTENDANCE GRAPHS!
Answer the Question, Please!
Question: "Since the Monday we return after break is a PD day, can we use the early release day to prepare for kids when we return?"
Answer: Yes. Early Release day will be available for you to plan for Jan. 5th.
Question: "Could you please add to the newsletter all the firm set dates for the next two weeks? Even though I use the collaboration calendar I'm told that all the dates aren't set, that they might change."
Question: "I find it interesting that some believe things have to set up campus wide in order for there to be comradery within the school. I see at lot things happening at grade level and among various teams. Third grade has had a great time as a team for several years. They plan luncheons among themselves, do group outings, etc. Special Ed has already planned a Secret Santa among their team as well. I feel like too many rely on Administration or the Social Committee to help them like their job when it's up to each of us and our teams to put together events and fun side things for ourselves. While we appreciate the Social Committee and their efforts, some of us prefer to have the half days for team building and off campus lunches rather than the larger group gatherings where everyone cannot wait to get finished and get back to work."
Answer: We are in this together. Morale is something that is maintained by everyone not by a person, two people or a committee but everyone! Let us work on it together. All we need is understanding and compassion.