Lion's Link Friday Update
March 10, 2023
Pride in Self, Pride in Community, Pride in Learning
The Book Fair is set up and ready for visitors!
Honors Research Students Advance to State!
These four are all going to State!
Aiden Snodgrass took 1st in Plant Science, an EPA Award, and the National Geographic Cultivating Empathy for the Earth Award--which came with a $100 cash prize!
Madison Cole took 1st place in Materials Science and was selected as top researcher in the Middle School Division!
Morgan Rolin and Raelynn Clark attended the Central District Elementary Choir Day, where they practiced all day for an afternoon concert. Great job, girls!
Madison Cole, Cayden Patterson and Alton Tellman at Missouri National History Day
Jonah Visser and. Colin Stokes at Junior Science and Humanities Symposium
PAT parents, don't forget to come take advantage of your $5 gift certificate for the book fair--there are lots of great books that are bargains!
Survey for Parents of Students in our Special Education Program
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education would like for all parents of students in our special education program to complete a survey. The results go directly to DESE, not back to the district. If you have a student in our program, you may complete the survey online here. If you would like a paper copy of the survey, please call the school at (573) 369-2375 ext. 100, or email email@example.com, and we will send you a copy as well as a stamped envelope to mail it directly back to the survey provider. You can complete a survey for each student in your family who receives special education services. The deadline for the survey is March 31, 2023.
We appreciate your input as we make every effort to improve our programs for our students.
FREE Friends & Family CPR Training!
Tuscumbia PTO is hosting a Friends and Family CPR/First Aid Training provided by the Miller County Ambulance District to anyone in the school district, FREE of charge. The date is March 21st from 6-8 pm in the high school cafeteria. Handbooks will be provided, so please sign up here if you plan to attend so we know how many to prepare for.
The Miller County R-III School District has the following openings available:
- MS English/Elective Teacher, 2023-24 school year, appropriate certification required. Forward resume' and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9-12 Math Teacher, 2023-24 school year, appropriate certification required. Forward resume' and letter of interest to email@example.com.
- K-12 Music Teacher, 2023-24 school year. Forward resume' and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Evening Route Bus Driver, immediate opening, M-F, $31.60/day.
- Maintenance, immediate opening, minimum of $14/hour with credit given for years in similar positions, insurance, retirement, basic maintenance skills required, 10:00-5:00 M-F.
- Custodian, immediate opening, Pay dependent on experience with credit given for years in similar positions; insurance, retirement included. 2:00-10:00 p.m., M-F.
- Cook, 2023-24 school year. Pay dependent on experience with credit given for years in similar positions; insurance, retirement included. 6:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., M-F.
- Substitute Bus Drivers, as needed, $31.60 per route (a.m. or p.m.).
- Contracted transportation for one student from Tuscumbia to Columbia and back on school days. Will contract by the mile or day, rate negotiable. Must have a clean driving record and dependable vehicle.
Interested parties should contact Dr. Spencer at email@example.com, or come by central office during working hours.
It's always a great day to be a Lion! Come join our Pride!