🐬 Week of December 7, 2020
Hollinger's Island Elementary School
Holiday pictures are scheduled for Tuesday, December 8.
Students may wear their holiday outfits to school, but must bring their uniforms to change after their photo. We hope to have envelopes to send home with students this afternoon (Monday.)
Thank you all for a successful toy drive!
Congrats to our K-2 Spelling Bee Winners!
1st- Samson Sellars, 2nd- Bentley Manning, 3rd- Dylan Stauter. Special thanks to Mrs. Allen for coordinating the event.
Congrats to our Grades 3-5 Spelling Bee winners!
1st- Andre Willard, 2nd- Kloe Storer, 3rd- Sarah Shelly. Thank you Mr. Robertson and Mrs. Overstreet for heading it up every year.
November Star Students
Congrats to the following students for being chosen as November's Star Students, based on the character trait of citizenship!
Mrs. Courtney's Reflex Math Fluency Standouts
GREAT JOB STUDENTS! KEEP SETTING THE BAR HIGH!
Unless they are ill, please have your child/ren at school every day!
- Absenteeism, especially chronic absenteeism, negatively affects a student's progress in school.
- If a student is doing face-to-face and needs to miss a day, they are marked absent. Students are not allowed to miss a day and do their work remotely, with the expectation of being marked present for the day. It simply doesn't work that way.
Remote students must be on time to class, keep their cameras on, and take all assessments with their classes.
Remote parents, please use the chat feature when you have a question for a teacher. We are receiving complaints about parents interrupting a class to ask questions. Also, we cannot stress it enough... please allow your child/ren to do their own work! Helping your child rather than allowing them to experience productive struggle will impede their progress and cause them to fall behind.
- December 8: HOLIDAY PICTURES (Christmas background but no Santa, no siblings, no parents)
- December 18: Ned Zoom- 2:00
- December 21-Jan 1: Christmas break
- January 4: Return to school