IMPORTANT LIBRARY DATES
- May 17 - The library is now closed for regular business (All library books are past due)
- May 18 - First day the library can schedule classes to return their textbooks
- May 31 - Textbooks are due for seniors to be able to participate in graduation.
- June 2 - Textbooks for all underclassmen are due on the last day of finals, June 2.
- PLEASE be sure to send your classes as a group to return their textbooks. Students do not remember to do this on their own.
We've Been Busy!
- Checked out over 5,000 library books
- Checked out over 10,000 textbooks
- Hosted 276 classes
If you have any suggestions of books you would like the library to purchase to support your classroom lessons, please contact Carol Forbes as soon as possible.
GREAT SITES FOR TEACHERS
Check out these outstanding sites for educators:
The Arts and Dital Literacy Initiative
This site offers lesson plans designed to bridge the arts (art, music, theatre, dance) with technology. The initiative provides project-based lessons for high school students. This seems like a perfect match for SSHS.
Plunge Into Tech
Consider learning some new tech tricks this summer. Corwin is offering several free online technology training seminars for teachers this summer.
Purdue University is offering electronic field trips that "bring Purdue University scientists into your classroom." Students interactively visit labs, greenhouses, aquaculture facilities, discovery Park, the veterinary school, and many more fascinating sites. All of the electronic field trips include a live webcast with Purdue scientists, during which students may email questions. Each trip also provides supplementary online videos.
ProCon.org offers resources for teachers that provide pro and con articles on controversial issues of the day. They offer non-partisan information to help student think critically about a variety of important topics.
Students Vote 2016
I love Newsela, and they have now teamed with the National Council of Social Studies and other educational group to provide an interactive site for students to learn about and participate in this year’s election season.
GET CAUGHT READING THIS SUMMER
Summer Reading List
Don't forget to get a picture of yourself "getting caught reading".