Principal's Newsletter (April 2021)
From the Desk of Principal Wiggins
April 1, 2021- April 19, 2021
Greetings HS Wildcats
When we return, we have a lot of ground to still cover in such a short amount of time.
I want to provide a few highlights and updates to prepare everyone for return from Spring Break and peek into the end of this school year.
Offices are closed for Spring Break April 1st - April 18th.
The Administration will return and offices will be open April 12th - April 16th.
Students return Tuesday, April 20th at 8:00 am, starting with 3rd block.
3rd Quarter Grades
All 3rd quarter grades are available and can be viewed via the Powerschool portal.
Parent emails were also sent with students' attached report cards.
Congratulations to the 3rd Quarter Honor Roll recipients. Honor Roll Certificates will be mailed after Spring Break.
After Spring Break, direct notification will be mailed to the parents of students who may be considered for Summer School. (Summer School dates June 16- July 9.)
Parents: If you do not have access to your students' grades via Powerschool, please contact the HS office at 980-242-3070.
Students may contact their CCR counselor for PowerSchool access.
HS Face-to-Face Return (May 17- May 27)
Registration for returning to Face-to-Face instruction has closed.
If you opted for your student to remain virtual; changes cannot be made.
If you opted for your students to return face-to-face, they may change and decide to remain virtual. You do not need to notify the school of this change, your student will just need to log on to zoom class during the dates of instruction.
5/17-5/20: Final class assessments
- Student attendance is required.
- Classes will be conducted face-to-face and virtual.
5/24-5/27: End of Course (EOC) Exam Week: (Biology, Math I, Math III, English II)
- Exams can only be taken face-to-face.
- EOC Exam dates are only for students who have taken an EOC course during this current school year (1st or 2nd semester).
- Students will NOT be negatively impacted if they did not select/or cannot return face to face for an EOC Exam.
Things to Remember
- Strict arrival times between 8:00 am - 8:30 am.
- No Transportation will be provided.
- HS students will NOT be permitted to accompany an Elementary school sibling on the bus.
- No early releases will be honored. If you feel you may need to leave early, it is recommended that you remain virtual.
- HS students attending face-to-face will NOT be permitted to pick-up an Elementary school sibling during dismissal.
AP Exams Week 5/17-5/20
This year AP Exams will be conducted virtually. Students and parents will be provided information to prepare and be ready for the exams. If your student is registered to return to face-to-face instruction and will be taking an AP Exam, please do not send your student to school on the day of the AP Exam.
AP Exam Dates
5/18 - AP Literature Exam @12 noon
5/19 - AP US History Exam @12 noon
5/20 - AP Psychology Exam @4:00 pm
We will host an AP information virtual meeting for students (and their parents) who are currently taking AP courses. The meeting is also for students (and their parents) who wish to register for AP classes in the 2021-2022 school year.
Virtual Meeting Date: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 @6pm.
C/O 2021 Updates
- 3-7 Course Registration for 2021-2022 SY (Info TBA)
- 4 HS Parent Night: I got a Job & My Own Money: Helping your child develop financial habits. (Register Here)
- 11 CPCC Parent Night (Information will be communicated to the Parents of 2021-2022 Dual Enrolled Students.)
- 17-20 Final Assessment (Face to Face & Virtual)
- 21 Asynchronous: Final Assessment Make-up
- 24-27 EOC Exams (Face to Face)
- 24 Review
- 25 English II
- 26 Math I & Math III
- 27 Biology
- 28 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL