The Titan Times: Week 40
The River Place Elementary (RPE) Campus Newsletter
IN THIS EDITION:
- Message from Principal Sharp
- Mark Your Calendars and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Titan Community News
- Leander ISD Opportunities
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
Can you believe we are about to embark on our last week of school!?!? With the end of a school year comes a lot of fun. Be sure to read this newsletter as it supports you being engaged and in the know on our campus end of year AND beginning of the year events and plans.
Here are a few reminders:
- Be sure to complete enrollment verification for your Titan(s) who plan to attend school in our district and on our campus. Learn more here. This helps us know how to plan our class placements and staff allocations. Feel free to call or email our registrar, Megan Smith, too.
- Be sure to check your Titan(s) lunch balance and close out the year well. There is a link at the end of this message. Our unpaid lunch balances have now grown, so please pay your child's balance as soon as possible.
- Be sure to have your Titan(s) wear a "sports shirt" or favorite sports team color on Friday, May 19th in honor of Coach Fyffe and his retirement send off by the student body in our LAST Titan Time for the year!
- Be sure to RSVP if you plan to attend your Titan(s) end of year party by Monday, May 22nd! See link below!
- Be sure you partake in the yearbook distribution day IF you didn't purchase a yearbook. They will be on sale ON CAMPUS (cash or check only) on Monday, May 22nd. We have a limited supply to sell, so they are first come first serve basis. If you bought a yearbook for your Titan(s), they will be distributed to their homeroom teacher in time for the signing day. See more on the flyer below!
- Order your Titan(s) 2023-2024 school supplies. Info on how to do that are in this newsletter. See below!
- Consider joining a district committee. More info below!
We look forward to supporting, celebrating, and partnering with you to end our school year strong. Soak in the memories and start planning your summer!
Take care and be well,
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
1st Grade Interacts with Panels
3rd Grade Trying 3D Printing
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- 16th: Quest Showcases for Parents: K-3rd Grades- See Info Below
- 17th: Quest Showcases for Parents: 4th-5th Grades-See Info Below
- 19th: Titan Time for RPE/ Community Farewell to Coach Fyffe in the RPE Garden (More Info Coming From PTA)/ Principal and Asst. Principal for the Day Auction Winners Day!
- 22nd: Yearbook Selling and Distribution Day
- 24th: Viper Senior Walk RSVP here- Meet in RPE Foyer at 8 AM and walk at 8:15 AM
- 24th: 1st, Kinder, and Third Grade Parties- See Info from Classroom Teacher
- 25th: Fourth and Second Parties and Fifth Grade Crossing Over Ceremony- See Info from Classroom Teacher
- 26th: Last Day of School (Early Release at 11:30 AM)
- 26th: 5th Grade EOY Party at Sun Tree Park- See Info From from Classroom Teacher
- 9th: New Family Orientation Night @ 6 PM RSVP coming!
- 14th: Elementary Meet the Teacher Night @ 5 PM RSVP coming!
- 16th: First Day of School! RSVP coming!
Yearbooks- Must Read
Monday, May 22nd on campus from 7:10 AM- 3:30 PM is your LAST DAY to buy yearbooks. These can be paid for by check or cash at the school. May 22nd is our distribution day.
Tuesday, May 23rd at various times during the day is the campus book signing day.
If you forgot whether you purchased a yearbook, go to your emails and search “Balfour”. Or you can email the yearbook committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to enter your student's grade for NEXT YEAR. Packs will be delivered to your child's classroom in time for Meet the Teacher in August.
Direct any questions to Amy Owens at email@example.com
QUEST Showcases for Parents
Parent Showcase Schedule: (No student audience)
All QUEST students will need to be available for their grade-level times.
Tuesday, May 16: 1:15pm-2:00pm: Kinder-3rd Grade in the Cafeteria
Wednesday, May 17: 1:15pm-2:00pm: 4th and 5th Grade in the Cafeteria
End of Year Party RSVPs
We are excited to welcome you to campus to join us for our End of Year class parties on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday May 24th - 26th for some fun and activities! In order to help the check in process go faster, please complete the pre-registration form below to RSVP to attend your child's class party and to have your visitor's badge pre-printed. Arriving a few minutes before the scheduled party time is recommended so that you may have ample time to check in and, if needed, have your ID scanned into our Raptor system and issued a visitor's badge. Remember, all visitors will need to check in with the receptionist at the front office to scan your ID into our Raptor system and be issued a visitor's badge before you are able to go and attend the party.
- Please fill out an individual response for EACH visitor that will be attending.
- Please respond by Monday, May 22nd at 1:30 P.M.
- The end of year parties will take place on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday May 24th - 26th
- ***This response form will close at 1:30 P.M. on Monday, May 22nd***
- 1st Grade: 10:00 - 11:00am in classrooms
- Kinder: 11:40 - 12:40pm in classrooms
- 3rd Grade: 1:20 - 2:20pm in The Garden
- 4th Grade: 8:30 - 9:30am in classrooms
- 2nd Grade: 9:30 - 10:30am in classrooms
- 5th Grade: 8:30 - 11:00am at Sun Tree Park
Kinder Discovery Center
TITAN COMMUNITY NEWS
District’s Long-Range Planning Committee expands membership opportunities
Leander ISD is currently accepting applications to serve on the Long-Range Planning Committee (LRPC) only. The application is open to secondary students, parents and community members who are interested in partnering with the district in an advisory role to carry out the mission of the LRPC. You can view the LRPC Charter, mission and additional information on the LRPC webpage.
The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. on Friday, May 19. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee selection for service. However, if you are not selected to serve on the committee, outreach opportunities will continue to be available for community members to provide input, share ideas and participate in shared learning through community workshops and forums.
Selected applicants will be notified by Friday, May 26 with the first meeting being held on Tuesday, June 6 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Leander Extended Opportunity Center (LEO). Those new members will serve a two-year term, beginning in June of 2023. The application can be found on the LISD Committees webpage.
The application window for all other district committees to include the District-wide Educational Improvement Council (DWEIC), Community-Based Accountability System Committee (CBAS), Community Curriculum Advisory Committee (CCAC) and School Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) will open on May 31 and remain open until August 18. Please watch for additional information in the Compass Newsletter and on the LISD Committees Webpage.
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders
Location: 6500 Sitio Del Rio Blvd, Austin, TX 78730, USA